Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If they did an outreach program for new adult hunters I'd be all over it. There is such a harsh learning curve that its pretty discouraging for newbies. If you're a kid your parent tends to encourage you but as an adult you either get ignored or laughed at if coming home with an empty bag day after day makes you feel like crap.

I am a Forum User
    I am 35. I have hunted since age 12 but quit last year. Part of it was my job, but another big part of it is the increase in price and increase in regulations.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I hear that they don't really have to obey alot of our laws and NO ONE raises a stink about it as they have their own processors that NO ONE checks on from the state .

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    If they did an outreach program for new adult hunters I'd be all over it. There is such a harsh learning curve that its pretty discouraging for newbies. If you're a kid your parent tends to encourage you but as an adult you either get ignored or laughed at if coming home with an empty bag day after day makes you feel like crap.
    imagine being an adult vegetarian and wanting to learn more about hunting. not necessarily to eat, but to get out, learn a new skill, be a guide for others, etc.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    imagine being an adult vegetarian and wanting to learn more about hunting. not necessarily to eat, but to get out, learn a new skill, be a guide for others, etc.
    Vegetables are what food eats.

J/K you're probably more healthy than me.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    Vegetables are what food eats.

J/K you're probably more healthy than me.
    hey man, hippos eat mostly grass...
    and you can make a lot of unhealthy pizzas without meat.
    Also, I have a frying pan that makes omelets exactly the same size as my waffle maker makes waffles. And I use them both to make waffle omelet sandwiches. with extra cheese.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I have never tried it but vegetables can’t be that hard to hunt.

Banned
    The hunt...

At the proper time you start the seeds.

You then, at the proper time move the now rooting seeds, to the ground.

You wait, patiently.

At the proper time you carefully remove the vegetables from the plant.

A successful hunt!

I am a Forum User
    The DNR is not without blame, but existing hunters are equally to blame for the declining numbers. Everyone is too concerned about giving up their "secret" spot or technique. I'm a fairly avid bird hunter, and when I was young, all the older guys loved to take new or young hunters out in the wood with them. Now, forget it. If you're someone who wants to start hunting, you're left to fend for yourself.

Same goes for fishing.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by cmr19xx View Post
    The DNR is not without blame, but existing hunters are equally to blame for the declining numbers. Everyone is too concerned about giving up their "secret" spot or technique. I'm a fairly avid bird hunter, and when I was young, all the older guys loved to take new or young hunters out in the wood with them. Now, forget it. If you're someone who wants to start hunting, you're left to fend for yourself.

Same goes for fishing.
    Its the same with fishing , hunting , and mushroom picking. you take someone or show them your secrets within a week its ruined. Its the internet...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast