Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"carry rotation"

I often see posts about carry gun rotation. Often the reason seems to be due to seasonal conditions.

(easier concealment with winter clothing, better penetration of winter clothing, lighter weight and better concealment in summer clothing, adequate penetration of summer clothing etc.)

Do you rotate? if so, why or why not?

I am a Forum User
    Yes. Michigan is -10*F to 100*F. Thin and light in summer, thick and heavy in fall/Winter.

MGO Board of Directors

Never really thought about it as rotation.
    Nothing so systematic.
    I do carry various handguns depending on how I'm dressed.
    Anything from a full size XDm 9, to an Officers 45acp, to a 9mm M&P Shield, Colt Mustang 380, or in the extreme, my first pistol, the Beretta Jetfire .25 mod 950BS.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    My carry usually changes every year/few years, but usually that's just based on me buying/trying something new for no real reason other than I wanted a new gun.

I understand the seasonal thing as my clothes are relatively tight fitting, so in summer bulky guns aren't my preference, but I found a gun that's a good balance of weight/capacity/size (M&P Shield 9) that has been my go-to year-round choice for the past few years, summer-winter.

However, I recently purchased a G19 and plan on using this as my EDC for a while and see how I like it.

Again, no real reason other than I just wanted it and bought it.

I have a few that I carry regularly, although it's based on nothing more than which on I feel like. I don't change based on what I'm wearing or what the weather is like. I've come to realize I could care less about printing.
    Current "rotation" is a VP9, a P320 in .45, and I've tried the 19X a couple times. I don't like to carry small guns.
    I trust the ones I carry, so it just depends on which one I grab.

Dice

only in extreme heat or weird situations. Like wearing a suit at a wedding, pocket carry.

Crazy heat in the summer in the 90s, at a picnic, park etc.

I **** vast majority of the time I am fine with a 4 inch slide full size or compact 9mm or 45.

I do not like to open carry so I have to make a concession. If its 98-99-100 degrees me being cool wins out.

So far I just have one carry gun [besides my Tokarev but I'm not confident in taking a safety off under pressure] so my current "rotation" is my LCRx in a Sneaky Pete holster until its hoodie weather then I carry it AIWB. With how much it still prints I don't know how I could go any bigger unless I started dressing like a hobo.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    So far I just have one carry gun [besides my Tokarev but I'm not confident in taking a safety off under pressure] so my current "rotation" is my LCRx in a Sneaky Pete holster until its hoodie weather then I carry it AIWB. With how much it still prints I don't know how I could go any bigger unless I started dressing like a hobo.
    Get a purpose built aiwb holster and it will disappear...I carry a full-size 1911 under a t shirt daily ...when I go small it's a cz p07

A XDs if dressed enough to cover it, otherwise a LWS380 in a pocket holster in hot weather.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    My Glock 19 is mounted in my car under the steering wheel, and will ride with me sometimes IWB, but mostly OWB. I mainly conceal carry my Glock 43 AIWB year round. I have an LCP that in the summer I'll carry in an IWB clip holster worn with athletic shorts when I'm on a walk, or outside, or whatever. In the winter I have a S&W Airweight that will ride in a coat pocket that if needed can get shots off while in the jacket which may be all I need or can give me time to get to my main carry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast