Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    I do carry various handguns depending on how I'm dressed.
    This.
    I may make adjustments for season or clothing. My EDC may be either a Glock 27 or Shield 40, including on gym days, but if I will be wearing a heavy sweater or sport jacket that affords greater concealment I may step it up in size to a Glock 23. My PM9 hasn't come out of the safe in a long time.

I may, "rotate" ammo for better performance through heavy clothing in winter. I like the all copper hollowpoints such as CorBon DPX in winter.
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

I am a Forum User
    I carry one gun two different ways, shoulder holster or OWB, but mainly OWB concealed. Though, I don’t worry about what I wear. I choose what I wear first and foremost then carry accordingly, which could be concealed or not. I often print as well and I’m not concerned about it. There are far too many other issues of concern than to worry about how I carry or if others can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    I often see posts about carry gun rotation. Often the reason seems to be due to seasonal conditions.

(easier concealment with winter clothing, better penetration of winter clothing, lighter weight and better concealment in summer clothing, adequate penetration of summer clothing etc.)

Do you rotate? if so, why or why not?
    Don't rotate guns, but it's a LCP-380 Custom in a IWB@4 o'clock when I wear a coat/hoodie or in the front pocket in Sticky pocket holster. Spare mag goes in front pocket all the time.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    I have a few that I carry regularly, although it's based on nothing more than which on I feel like. I don't change based on what I'm wearing or what the weather is like. I've come to realize I could care less about printing.
    Current "rotation" is a VP9, a P320 in .45, and I've tried the 19X a couple times. I don't like to carry small guns.
    I trust the ones I carry, so it just depends on which one I grab.

Dice
    Same here. I dont change based on weather, but rather on what I decide I want to carry. I also prefer full size pistols, which seem to print anyway(I'm not really concerned with printing anymore). I switch between an XDM 9mm, a VP9 and s Sig Legion P226.

The Legion is the newest, and what I have been carrying lately. Those grips are awesome while shooting, but suck for concealing. Its tearing up my undershirts, lol. Im going to have to find a leather wing to sew on the holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    Get a purpose built aiwb holster and it will disappear...I carry a full-size 1911 under a t shirt daily ...when I go small it's a cz p07
    I'll either need to remove the underbarrel laser or get a custom holster to do that, though it may be worth it to really be able to hide a gun and have that sense of accomplishment.

MGO Member
    I don't understand the idea of a rotation either. However, I carry a G26 in a Raven Vanguard 2 at 4 o'clock. If the situation might be particularly hairy I might wear the G17 in the exact same way.

99% g26 1% g17...perhaps that is called a "rotation". I also just acquired a 19x in trade. So once I get the chance to shoot it I wouldn't doubt that I might carry that in the hairiest of situations rather than the 17. Hopefully I'm done with those types of situations though.

I do want a vanguard for the 42/43...I might actually switch to daily carrying one of those if I get the holster for it. Just to see if the daily feel is that much better than a 26 and if it feels that much better that it is worth losing so many rounds.

I am a Forum User
    I K.I.S.S. One revolver with 1 speed strip carried one way no matter the weather. I dont shoot as much as I used to or as much as I'd like and feel the more simple things are the better off for me. I also realized that if im in a SD situation its a tool to get myself out of a situation I shouldve never been in to begin and not have a shoot out at the OK corral.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12