Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Bill Introduced Banning Sales and Advertisements for Gun Parts Kits

Bill Introduced Banning Sales and Advertisements for Gun Parts Kits

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    November 13th. 2018

The legislation, HR 7115, is sponsored by Rep. Frank Pallone (D-NJ) and has 16 Democrats as co-sponsors.

The states purpose of “the legislation is to prevent the sale, possession, or advertising, of 80 percent receivers, gun parts kits, etc.

The text of HR 7115 says:
    To prohibit the sale, acquisition, distribution in commerce, or import into the United States of certain firearm receiver castings or blanks, assault weapon parts kits, and machine gun parts kits and the marketing or advertising of such castings or blanks and kits on any medium of electronic communications, to require homemade firearms to have serial numbers, and for other purposes.
    The Firearms Policy Coalition warns that bill is ambiguous and would be far-reaching. For example, they explain that HR 7115 does not “make a distinction between upper and lower receivers” for AR-15s and would make “home gunsmithing” illegal.

Ironically, firearms built from 80 percent lowers are not 3-D firearms, yet the legislation is ubiquitously titled, “3-D Firearms Prohibition Act.”

MGO Member
    But they won't address illegals.

Not unless they have 8"x5"x2" aluminum billets.

WTF, over!

Why would they bother?

The Senate --> Dec 14 Target sine die adjournment
    The House --> Dec 13

They will be in secession for only another month, and even fewer number of days. Four days a week and all of next week off.

All legislation then dies.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    WTF, over!

Why would they bother?

The House --> Dec 13

They will be in secession for only another month, and even fewer number of days. Four days a week and all of next week off.

To be able to say at least something is being done?

I am a Forum User
    Prob just a preview of things to come next year. Just going to see what sorts of support this bill would sign sign on. Safe bet it gets reintroduced next year.

I am a Forum User
    Wow... so they're trying to classify any Glock ever made as an "assault weapon" now.

SEC. 5. Definitions.

(a) Terms.—For purposes of this Act—

(4) the term “semiautomatic assault weapon” means—

(B) a semiautomatic pistol that has—

(i) the capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device; and

(ii) any one of the features described in subsection (b);

(b) Special features of a semiautomatic pistol.—The special features described in subsection (a)(4)(B)(ii) are—

(6) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.
    I can certainly see some idiotic prosecutor using that if there is ever another assault weapons ban, and if they're in front of some Dem appointed brainless judge, they'll get away with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    WTF, over!

Why would they bother?

The House --> Dec 13

Political posturing and red meat for the liberal anti-gun base. As someone said, this will likely be re-introduced.

I am a Forum User
    Last edited by Smokepole; 11-18-2018 at 06:46 AM.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    "SEC. 3. PROHIBITION OF ADVERTISING DO-IT-YOURSELF ASSAULT WEAPONS.

(a) In General.—It shall be unlawful to market or advertise, on any medium of electronic communications, including over the Internet, for the sale of any of the following:

(1) A firearm receiver casting or firearm receiver blank or unfinished handgun frame that—

(A) at the point of sale does not meet the definition of a firearm in section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code; and

(B) after purchase by a consumer, can be completed by the consumer to the point at which such casting or blank functions as a firearm frame or receiver for a semiautomatic assault weapon or machinegun or the frame of a handgun.

(2) An assault weapon parts kit.

(3) A machinegun parts kit.

(b) Enforcement By The Federal Trade Commission.—A violation of subsection (a) shall be treated as a violation of a rule defining an unfair or deceptive act or practice described under section 18(a)(1)(B) of the Federal Trade Commission Act (15 U.S.C. 57a(a)(1)(B)). The Federal Trade Commission shall enforce this section in the same manner, by the same means, and with the same jurisdiction, powers, and duties as though all applicable terms and provisions of the Federal Trade Commission Act (15 U.S.C. 41 et seq.) were incorporated into and made a part of this Act."

Not only are they seeking to infringe on the 2nd, but the above also seeks to infringe on the 1st.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast