Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Member

AR Pistols with Quick Detach Barrels

Not asking about OAL, just curious if anyone has the Cry Havoc or Dolos system?

Ive been curious about a building/buying an AR Pistol setup in 300 blackout that takes down to a small bag size.

I also have 10% off at PSA for them screwing up a previous order..considering holding out until black friday to see what they sell. Not really interested in buying one of the PSA branded AR pistols.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I want a dolos on a Spike's snowflake covered to 9mm. With a Law folder and a tailhook mod2.

That is all. No other commentary.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I want a dolos on a Spike's snowflake covered to 9mm. With a Law folder and a tailhook mod2.

That is all. No other commentary.
    yeah the snowflake rifle is what I imagine this to be as well. Im highly tempted to order a binary trigger as well

Account Closed Forum User

I am a Forum User
    While take down is small, also consider the LAW folding system otherwise the lower/buffer tube will be too long. One of the other big advantages of the quick detach systems is being able to change calibers or barrel length easily and quickly.

I have both the Dolos and MAA (mid america armaments) systems.

The Dolos system is nice but expensive. The system is around 250 and you need another 200 (handguard and barrel attacher) for the second barrel. The Dolos is a bit faster to change but both are under 10 seconds.

The MAA has a quick detach but solid handguard, and all you need is another barrel attacher. About $175 for the first complete system and $35 for each additional barrel.

I prefer the MAA system of the 2, but both are solid systems.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    While take down is small, also consider the LAW folding system otherwise the lower/buffer tube will be too long. One of the other big advantages of the quick detach systems is being able to change calibers or barrel length easily and quickly.

The Dolos system is nice but expensive. The system is around 250 and you need another 200 (handguard and barrel attacher) for the second barrel. The Dolos is a bit faster to change but both are under 10 seconds.

The MAA has a quick detach but solid handguard, and all you need is another barrel attacher. About $175 for the first complete system and $35 for each additional barrel.

you don't think MAA would have excessive wear of the upper's threads after a bunch of uses? seems like the dolos has an edge on MAA for moving the attaching mechanism off of the aluminum upper thread and onto a totally separate device. also, rotate one ring 60 degrees instead of spinning a barrel nut by hand.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member

This build is getting the LAW folder AND the dolos system

I also just ordered an SBA3 brace for $100 shipped and a fostech echo II for $340 shipped. So far Im at about $1500 for this one, but its gonna be a hell of an AR pistol when its done.

Going with a ballistic advantage hanson 10.3" in 223 wylde

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    This build is getting the LAW folder AND the dolos system

I also just ordered an SBA3 brace for $100 shipped and a fostech echo II for $340 shipped. So far Im at about $1500 for this one, but its gonna be a hell of an AR pistol when its done.

Going with a ballistic advantage hanson 10.3" in 223 wylde
    You will not be a pistol with a 10.5" barrel, the LAW system extends the buffer out about an inch, you will be over 26". I know I have a 10.5" barrel sitting at home. I went with an 8.5" barrel.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    you don't think MAA would have excessive wear of the upper's threads after a bunch of uses? seems like the dolos has an edge on MAA for moving the attaching mechanism off of the aluminum upper thread and onto a totally separate device. also, rotate one ring 60 degrees instead of spinning a barrel nut by hand.
    Not really it is just hand tight. I am more worried about wearing the ratcheting system out on the Dolos. You torque the MAA system much less than a regular barrel nut, just hand tight. The dolos system has ridges on the inside of the big ring and the inner ring ratchets on, I have already seen some wear while playing with the system. I have also seen that it is possible to over rotate the dolos system, if you really tighten it.

MGO Member
    You will not be a pistol with a 10.5" barrel, the LAW system extends the buffer out about an inch, you will be over 26". I know I have a 10.5" barrel sitting at home. I went with an 8.5" barrel.
    are you measuring with or without muzzle device? My research shows that a similar built rifle (no LAW) with 11.5 in barrel on a KAK shockwave buffer tube is exactly at 26. thats 1" and a 1/5 longer in barrel length, if it extends it about an inch, then I'd still have 1/5 or so of clearance (with 10.3" barrel), that gets me right under 26. Another rifle specifically had a 10.3" barrel with a 1" brownells mini comp and was still at 26.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast