Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MGO Member
    Pretty excited so far..

Ive snagged a few deals.

Ordered:

Aero "pistol" marked stripped lower no special reason other than because I wanted it. It was $66 shipped. Aero LPK Kit (minus FCG) $17.88 and an arrow billet trigger guard for $17.99 (seemed a little over priced)
    Aero SS gas tube ($10) and Aero Ambi charging handle for $56.

Snagged the daily deal magpul MBUS set for $49.99 shipped from PSA

The fostech Echo 2 was $344 shipped, and ordered the $10 springs upgrade as the member posts in here directed to do so.

snagged a deal on the SBA3 Brace, $106 shipped

Aero gen 2 assembled upper for $67.99

The BA Hansen 10.3" 223 wylde for $148 shipped

Toolcraft Nickel Boron BCG for $103

added in a seekins precision adjustable gas block after hearing multiple people advise me on the need of regulating gas with these.. ($53 shipped)

Tomorrow I will probably pull the trigger on the final necessary parts (Dolos, Law folding adapter, Buffer Tube, handguard, still back and fourth on what pistol grip to get..) and will hold out until black friday to potentially snag a SPARC red dot on sale for it, or maybe a 1-4x scope

I was thinking about using one of these systems for a 9mm pistol or SBR build, but decided it does not really make sense for a 4" 9mm barrel. It would be cool for a 8.5" .300 blk build though. However, I like to use the ALG defense EMR rails on all my builds, so that kind of killed it for me.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

where'd that lpk come from?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    where'd that lpk come from?
    ArmOrAlly.com

Lots of stuff on their site has an "add to price to see discount" deal. The barrel was basically $100 off in the cart, and free shipping. They seem to have some distributor deal setup with Aero precision and all their branded parts are heavily discounted. $15 to ship the $400+ order was impressive. No sales tax either.

After doing some price matching and chatting with optics planet, I snagged a Yankee Hill Machine M7 5325 handguard and Dolos kit for $236 shipped, and a law folder from primary arms for $203 shipped.

at this point I just need to pull the trigger on a pistol grip (deciding between bcm mod 3 and MOE K2+), and buffer tube kit (probably BCM still), and Im good to go.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    I was thinking about using one of these systems for a 9mm pistol or SBR build, but decided it does not really make sense for a 4" 9mm barrel. It would be cool for a 8.5" .300 blk build though. However, I like to use the ALG defense EMR rails on all my builds, so that kind of killed it for me.
    I too like the ALG defense EMR. I have that on my SPR build.

I wanted to do a shorty 300 BLK build as well, but I dont reload and the cost of ammo (or getting into reloading now) seemed to be completely ridiculous, to build 1 gun in a new cailber.

Worst case scenario, down the road, I'll buy another dolos collar, and throw the 300blk short barrel and handguard on it. Thats the part of this build I'm liking the sound of a lot more so.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    are you measuring with or without muzzle device? My research shows that a similar built rifle (no LAW) with 11.5 in barrel on a KAK shockwave buffer tube is exactly at 26. thats 1" and a 1/5 longer in barrel length, if it extends it about an inch, then I'd still have 1/5 or so of clearance (with 10.3" barrel), that gets me right under 26. Another rifle specifically had a 10.3" barrel with a 1" brownells mini comp and was still at 26.
    I measured without a muzzle device.
    My build:
    SBA3 brace
    Sylvan arms side folding adapter
    Dolos system
    Stag arms upper/lower
    With a 10.5" barrel I was over 26" (almost 27")
    I went with a 8.5" barrel to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    I too like the ALG defense EMR. I have that on my SPR build.

I wanted to do a shorty 300 BLK build as well, but I dont reload and the cost of ammo (or getting into reloading now) seemed to be completely ridiculous, to build 1 gun in a new cailber.

Worst case scenario, down the road, I'll buy another dolos collar, and throw the 300blk short barrel and handguard on it. Thats the part of this build I'm liking the sound of a lot more so.
    Here is a picture of my .300 BLK 8.5" pistol, which I have yet to fire. Which reminds me, I need to find my one box of .300 BLK ammo.

I am a Forum User
    Measured the build and with the Sylvan arms copy of the law folder and dolos sysyem:
    10.5" barrel (no flash hider and stock removed from buffer) 26 15/16"

You would need a 9.5" or shorter barrel to be under 26".

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    Measured the build and with the Sylvan arms copy of the law folder and dolos sysyem:
    10.5" barrel (no flash hider and stock removed from buffer) 26 15/16"

You would need a 9.5" or shorter barrel to be under 26".
    problem solved I think:

https://www.opticsplanet.com/pantheo...er-system.html

or

https://www.strikeindustries.com/sho...pre-slick.html

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    I measured without a muzzle device.
    My build:
    SBA3 brace
    Sylvan arms side folding adapter
    Dolos system
    Stag arms upper/lower
    With a 10.5" barrel I was over 26" (almost 27")
    I went with a 8.5" barrel to be on the safe side.
    I think you should go back and measure your items again, or the clone law stock adapter (or previous gen dolos system) you're using is a different size.

I just put together the build (with the 10.3" barrel) and with the SBA3, the newest dolos system, and the latest gen law folding stock adapter, I'm at 26" 1/4 without even removing the brace from the buffer tube. I used a PWS ratcheting castle nut which has is a little too big for the SBA3 brace up top and makes it protrude a little. I'm willing to bet with a regular castle nut, it would be exactly at 26".

once I removed the brace from the buffer tube, I'm exactly at 26".
    Last edited by AleksanderSuave; 12-01-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast