Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    People who own Are REQUIRED to be licensed and insured. Do you assume every car on the road has a properly licensed and insured driver? Because that's what the law says.
    The gentleman made a bad decision hunting on private land so its possible he wasn't wearing orange however, he should have been.

Shooting at orange would be a bad idea. You and I are not clairvoyant so we shouldn't make assumptions.

Know what I mean jellybean?

I am a Forum User
    Michigan had no hunting fatalities in 2014 and 2015. It is a real shame that we could not maintain that record.

MGO Board of Directors

Not far from My sisters house.

last year I was almost shot on my private property. I was wearing blaze orange hat and jacket, walking my property for other reasons. Heard shot and saw branches break next to me, and then a couple doe ran pat me a second later.
    people on land next to me feeling they can hunt my property...

I am a Forum User
    WJR said the "hunter" thought it was a deer...

That's negligent homicide if his statement has been accurately reported because "thinking" something is a legitimate target is not the same as knowing it is.

I have never seen a human that looks like a deer in _any_ situation. The man took a shot "thinking" it was a deer... Apparently he was wrong.

Ever see a human fireman carry a dead deer? I have & could have easily mistaken him for a deer in heavy brush. Just sayin'.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Hunting related accidents having been trending down for many years. Regardless, I do not believe that concern for safety is responsible for decreased hunter numbers.

MGO Member
    Just saw on channel 12 news the guy that was shot was on his family land. Had a picture of him 30 minutes earlier and he did have an orange hat on. Said the shooter was trespassing.

Banned
    Sitting in a blind over a pile of bait is not hunting.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by truckerdave397 View Post
    Just saw on channel 12 news the guy that was shot was on his family land. Had a picture of him 30 minutes earlier and he did have an orange hat on. Said the shooter was trespassing.
    My guess is shooter is in for a rough ride along with the family of the slain...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Sitting in a blind over a pile of bait is not hunting.
    Yes it is.

It's called baiting and cleaning up and ensuring the population on your space is well conserved.

Conservation at its finest given there is no disease present.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast