Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    A guy was shot in bath township near lansing also.... no suspects at this time.... Scary.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by METL View Post
    A guy was shot in bath township near lansing also.... no suspects at this time.... Scary.
    Makes ya wonder if some haven't changed the game?

I am a Forum User
    An arrest:

https://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw-b...-michigan.html

Man charged in shooting death of deer hunter in northern Michigan
    Cole Waterman - January 9, 2019

BELLAIRE, MI –
    A 45-year-old man has been charged with three felonies in connection with the shooting death of a Sanford man on the opening day of firearm season for deer hunting.

David M. Barber, of Gaylord, on Wednesday, Jan. 9, appeared in 86th District Court in Antrim County for arraignment on single counts of reckless discharge of a firearm causing death, involuntary manslaughter, and felony firearm.

The charges stem from the Nov. 15 death of Justin E. Beutel. Department of Natural Resources officers responded to a call of a hunting accident at about 1 p.m. near the intersection of West Elder Road and Northeast Torch Lake Drive, near the village of Alden, roughly 20 miles northeast of Traverse City.

Thirty eight-year-old Justin Beutel of Sanford was pronounced dead on the scene.

"Preliminary investigation reveals that Mr. Beutel was deer hunting on private property and was apparently shot by another subject hunting nearby," DNR Lt. James Gorno previously said.

EMS workers administered first aid to Beutel, but he did not recover.

Investigators identified Barber as a suspect, though they’ve previously said it appears he and Beutel did not know each other and they were hunting separately.

Beutel formerly resided in Bay City and graduated from Garber High School in Essexville in 1998. He “went on to attend the Motorcycle Mechanics Institute (MMI) in Arizona, becoming a Master Motorcycle Mechanic,” his obituary states. “Justin was the owner and operator of Beutel's Cycle and Performance in Midland and also worked at Great Lakes Harley Davidson and C & S Sports.”

Barber’s bond was set at $25,000 or 10 percent, which has been posted. Barber is to appear in court for a preliminary examination at 11 a.m. on Jan. 23.

Perhaps I missed it, but did Barber have permission to the land he was hunting on? I just keep see that Beutel was hunting on family land, no one else had permission there and Barber was hunting "nearby". Clearly he didn't have permission to shoot onto the Beutel property, but did he have permission to be out in that area at all?
    Still no progress it seems in hunter shooting/fatality/robbery in Bath township.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123