Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Washington DC Carry Permits Skyrocket

Washington DC Carry Permits Skyrocket After Dismissal of ‘Good Cause’ Regulation

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    November 14th. 2018

Washington, DC, concealed carry permits are skyrocketing following the dismissal of the District’s “good cause” restriction for permit issuance.

On July 25, 2017, Breitbart News reported that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia ruled that D.C.’s “good reason” requirement for concealed carry permit issuance is unconstitutional. The ruling was handed down in Wrenn v. District of Columbia.

According to the Daily Caller,the District’s “Metropolitan Police Department confirmed … Tuesday that 1,896 concealed carry permits were issued by MPD for the calendar year to date 2018.” That represents a “1,440 percent” jump in the number of permits which were issued while the “good cause” restriction was in place.

New Jersey continues to artificially limit the concealed carry permit issuance by requiring applicants to show a justifiable need for carrying a handgun. And California continues to limit concealed carry permit issuance via a “good cause” restriction.

California’s requirement is so restrictive that as of December 26, 2017, only 197 permits had been issued in all of Los Angeles County. The county has 10.2 million residents.

I am a Forum User
    Something tells me, blood will begin flowing like the Mighty Mississippi in the streets of DC. Oh, and there will be pistols at 10 paces at very saloon.

Quote Originally Posted by SADAacp View Post
    Something tells me, blood will begin flowing like the Mighty Mississippi in the streets of DC. Oh, and there will be pistols at 10 paces at very saloon.
    I'm all for politicans going back to the gentleman's art of the duel. It sure would weed a few out.

Dice