Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Bath TWP and DNR investigating hunting fatality on public land.

Bath Charter Township Police Department
    Chief Lyle Lindemulder

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BTPD/DNR investigating hunter fatality in Bath Township

Bath Township Police Officers and Michigan Department of Natural Resources Conservation Officers are investigating the shooting death of a hunter during the night of November 16th of the firearm deer hunting season in Clinton County.

A 67 year old Lansing male was pronounced dead at the scene.

At about 10 p.m. Friday, Clinton County Central Dispatch received a Cardiac Arrest/Respiratory Arrest call. In response, Bath Township Police Department, Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Bath Township Fire Department, and Mercy Ambulance Service were dispatched to state land near the 8500 block of E. Clark Rd. This is located approximately 3 miles east of downtown Bath, MI.

Upon arrival, BTPD and EMS responders found the victim unresponsive. First aid was not administered as he was beyond recovery.

Preliminary investigation reveals the victim was deer hunting on public property while wearing hunter’s orange clothing and was apparently shot by another subject.

At this time, we do not have a suspect; however numerous individuals are being interviewed.

The Clinton County Sheriff’s Office and Michigan State Police are assisting BTPD and DNR in processing the scene and ongoing investigation.

If you or anyone you know has any information that would assist in the investigation, please reach out to Det. Bryan Miller at our administrative number during business hours, or Clinton County Central Dispatch during non-business hours. Information can also be messaged anonymously to our Facebook page.

14480 Webster Rd * P.O. Box 247 * Bath, MI 48808
    Emergency: 911 * Non-Emergency: 911
    Facebook: Bath Township Police Department
    Administrative: 517.641.6271 * Fax: 517.641.8189
    Clinton County Central Dispatch: 989.224.6792

I am a Forum User
    Man, rough deer season so far in Michigan. This one, the guy in Antrim County & the kid up in Ontonagon county though technically not hunting but sounds like they were getting ready to head out. Hopefully that's the end of it this season.

I hunt public land and this is the only thing I worry about, especially now that my son hunts. You usually have no idea who is hunting around you and what their abilities are, or lack of.

I am a Forum User
    Not certain what to make of this disclosure, but removing the possessions from a (presumably) dead hunter is most unusual:

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...ip/2160797002/

Police: Gun, backpack missing after hunter fatally shot
    Haley Hansen - November 30, 2018

BATH TWP. — A firearm and a backpack were taken from a Lansing man who was shot and killed while deer hunting in Bath Township earlier this month, police said.

Police found Chong Moua Yang, 68, along the 8500 block of East Clark Road, near Upton Road, shortly after 10 p.m. Nov. 16. The property is owned by the State of Michigan and authorized for hunting, police said.

Officer Avery Lyon, Bath Township's public information officer, told the State Journal that Yang's backpack and firearm were missing when officers arrived. Police had previously said only that personal belonging had been taken.

Police were dispatched to the area after family members called 911 concerned that Yang had not returned and may have suffered a heart attack. Yang's death remains under investigation by police.

Yang's funeral and a celebration of his life will be held Dec. 15-17 at Chisholm Hills Golf Club, 2395 Washington Road, in Lansing. A burial is expected Dec. 17 at Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens in Lansing,

Anyone with information about Yang's death is asked to call Det. Bryan Miller at 517-641-6271 or Clinton County Central Dispatch at 989-224-6792.

Information can also be sent anonymously to the police department's Facebook page, facebook.com/BathTownshipPolice.
    Can this death still be considered a 'hunting accident'?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

nothing to say that the person who shot him had anything other than negligence going on.
    the missing backpack and gun... well, as the comedian tom segura says, "some people suck". the google map tells me the location isn't exactly remote. It could have been any jerk passing by that saw a dead man not using his rifle anymore...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-...fatal-shooting

I wounder if they have evidence of how close he was shot, or if they could tell he had some type of confrontation with someone or someones.

Hope they catch whoever is responsible. Wish they wouldn't of waited so long to start asking for help.