Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Nothing in Kalamazoo Co

Been hunting Kzoo Co since opening day firearms. Nothing but just a few gunshots, only see a few doe's. Seems the population is down, talked with many other local hunters and they are having issues as well, hasn't been this bad since I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpkimmel83 View Post
    Been hunting Kzoo Co since opening day firearms. Nothing but just a few gunshots, only see a few doe's. Seems the population is down, talked with many other local hunters and they are having issues as well, hasn't been this bad since I can remember.
    they all moved to the suburbs -- live 1/2 mile from an industrial farm/feedlot where my son works. There has got to be 2-3 herds of 20 or more I see almost every day in the fields around the farm, in the local platte neighborhoods all in places you can't hunt. There is a group of does 10-15 I see every morning across the street in my neighbor's big yard. The move along with the 2 flocks of turkeys twixt the woods behind his house, across the road, up to a wooded area behind the guys house down the street. Then there is another group of 20+ that move twixt a local small Christmas tree farm and over to the feed piles/corn field on the feedlot and back. Can be real fun drive in the evenings in the summer and fall.

I am a Forum User
    They're hiding in my back yard.. Can I trap license for a deer?

I am a Forum User
    Its been pretty thin in my area as well.

I am a Forum User
    This is the same in Cass County. Of all the people I know who hunt in Cass County, only my nephew has reported recently seeing ONE small button buck. None of my friends and family have seen anything all season.

My brother used to see hundreds of deer in his field behind his house on previous years, but so far this year, NOTHING.