Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Small Capac buck!

Hunted near Capac for the second day this year. Opening day brought 15 does and one button buck in the cut bean field during the morning hunt. I got sick and went home, in the evening, my partner saw at least 2 bucks pass where my pop-up would have been. Along with several does.

This morning was a near repeat, what I'm sure was the same little button passed by in the dark. After first light, the does started crossing the field to get to the cover at our backs. The wind was perfect.

At about 8am, I glassed 5 does at 500yds across the field with a buck following about 20yds behind them. They walked straight at me and turned broadside at 70yds. I sent a 250gr FTX 450BM through both lungs and his liver. He ran straight at me and piled up 30yds in front of my blind.

He was the 14th deer to pass within 100yds this morning, 5 more does went by for a total of 19 for a 2-1/2 hr hunt. I still have an antlerless tag, so I may try for one more.

Name:  20181117_085926_resized.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  97.9 KB

Ruger American 450BM, Leupold VXI 3x9x40, Form 1 can.

My first deer in quite a few years.

Thanks Jeff!

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Knockoff64 View Post

My first deer in quite a few years.
    Great report!

Congratulations
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Exciting! Did it drop in its tracks? I notice the .450 BM round usually does.

I am a Forum User
    Congratulations! Thank you for sharing!

Good shootin'! We haven't seen anything like that around me in about 6 years.

Now, go get that doe!

I am a Forum User
    My hunting buddy 450 bushmaster kill --DROPPED LIKE HILARY WALKING ON A PLANE-- 230 yards.. most weirdest rack I saw (he was sitting in the next field over from me)
    Last edited by sittingbull; 11-20-2018 at 04:37 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    Exciting! Did it drop in its tracks? I notice the .450 BM round usually does.
    No. Hit a little high on the left shoulder, exited just behind the diaphragm on the right. He ran about 30 yds straight at me and piled up. His lungs were jelly and his liver was bisected.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Great report!

Congratulations
    Thanks!

I stopped hunting for my daughters travel soccer. Just getting back into it now.