Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: safe movers

MGO Member

safe movers

Any one have any experience with safe movers in SE Mich?

I do not personally but there are a few threads in here where there are one or two companies a lot of people seem to agree they are the go to guys. You definitely seem to be on the right path, you want safe movers, not regular movers. Like pianos not everyone does it, and people that take it on with out the right dollys and experience are not worth the hassle.

I am a Forum User
    I used Two Men & a Truck locally,and they did a great job.
    The "key" to moving the safe, was really removing the door first.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    I used Two Men & a Truck locally,and they did a great job.
    The "key" to moving the safe, was really removing the door first.
    that's the only way mine fit into my basement when i bought it. and i assume the only way it will fit back out when the time comes.
    unless widening the basement door way, basement stairs, and back door is an option..
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    that's the only way mine fit into my basement when i bought it. and i assume the only way it will fit back out when the time comes.
    unless widening the basement door way, basement stairs, and back door is an option..
    Size really wasn't the problem,as much as the weight.
    These guys had a dolly with big soft pneumatic tires,and they wrapped the safe in numerous furniture pads,and then laid plywood over the grassy area for ease in rolling it out.
    ...It's a Browning Gold Signature series.

MGO Member
    Several years ago, my wife and kids got me a safe for Christmas but only got it home into the detached garage. I had Redford Safe and Lock come and move it into the house and put it into my dungeon in the basement. I don’t remember the cost but it was well worth it. The guys were great and did a nice job of moving it.
    Official Curmudgeon
    Detroit Area Chapter
    Terre Haute Torque & Recoil Society

MGO Member
    Contact Andy at National Safe in Warren (14 mile and Van Dyke). He deals mostly in large and very heavy jeweler's type safes, but sells and moves all kinds of safes. He can definitely move whatever you need moved.

MGO Member
    Someone always has the exact go to guy for whatever job on these sites.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I went with Royal Movers in Wyandotte. They picked up the safe from the store and put it in my basement for around $300. Money well spent, narrow long staircase going downstairs. very quick drop off and go.