Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

RIA M206 2" barrel 38 special revolver

Thanks to dwcopple posting this in the found a deal thread, I now own a 38 special revolver. I have owned two in the past, but it has been years since I have had a revolver in the collection. I have recently been considering buying a S&W 442 or 638, the best price with FFL transfer and shipping would have been about $350. Since I don't really need one I was putting off buying one.

The RIA M206 was a little under $191 out the door from Dunham's sporting goods. I had looked into buying one of these a couple of years ago, but started thinking about other things and never got around to buying one. The trigger is actually better then I was expecting, it is about 11 lbs in double action and just under 4 in single action. The cylinder release is really finicky and sticky, although it is getting better as I function test it, hopefully it will work itself out. Probably going to be a little too heavy to pocket carry, which is what I was going to buy the S&W 638 for, so I might still have to buy one of those, LOL.

I called the Dunham's sporting goods in Rochester Hills and they guy said he had one in the display case and pretty sure he had one in the back. There was no one in the firearms part of the store so I had to walk around to find someone and could not. So instead of walking to the front of the store I called the front desk from my cellphone and asked if they could send someone back there. The guy could not find another one out back so I bought the display model. Other then that everything went pretty smoothly.

I am going to need to buy some ammo to run through this, and some different types of holsters, IWB, OWB ???

Also, the sights kind of suck, so I plan to use some white fingernail polish on them.

I am a Forum User
    You're

Check the barrel crown. Might be a good DIY project if it needs touch up work.

The crown seemed OK, although it is a little dirty. There is some power residue on it, and the barrel is dirty. I hope that is from the factory test firing.

MGO Member Forum User
    Let us know how you like once you shoot it some.