Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Anyone using MeWe to sell guns?

I just read a thread on defensive carry forum that people are having good success on there. I didn't even know what it was. Anyone doing it? Armslist is giving me quite a few nimrods lately.

Almost no users on MeWe.
    I signed up about 3 years ago, and only check in there when everyone is screaming and mad at facebook

I am a Forum User
    Cool

MeWe was a flash in the pan. Dwindled down to the same small group of people across multiple groups/pages asking too much for what they have.

I am a Forum User
    I use Mewe often. I have sold 4 guns on there and traded 2 others. That’s within the last 6-8 months. It has the way over priced stuff just like everywhere else but I have had good luck. There are even a few groups on there for trading only.

I am a Forum User
    I did for a while, it's terrible. The users are mostly all the people who left Facebook when the gun trading groups there were banned, and most of them are out of their minds. You'll see whacky **** like a politician suggesting a gun control measure and somebody posting in response "we need to start shooting back". I don't know why, but compared to Armslist, MGO, and every other gun trading site, Facebook/MeWe users are in another league of crazy.

That aside, they're a pain in the ass to deal with. Regardless of what you say about trades or firm prices, somebody will lowball you or offer you a trade for like their family pet or a broken lawnmower. Take your worst Armslist experience, every MeWe transaction will probably be as bad. If you're sick of Armslist, MeWe isn't the place for you.

The only no-show I've ever had was somebody I met on MeWe. Went 45 minutes to sell him a shotgun and he tells me 25 minutes after we're supposed to meet that he couldn't make it.

Mewe is absolute garbage.

The layout sucks, it takes forever to load, the prices are INSANE, and a lot of the people are legit mentally unstable. I disabled my account because a lot of stuff I heard in those groups probably got the site on some sort of watch list. Talking about wishing someone would shoot politicians that were anti-gun, that they'd fight back against cops that tried to take their weapons, that registration is crap and basically admitting that they buy/sell handguns to each other without proper paperwork or CPL's.

Not to mention anytime I posted a gun for sale at a decent price people would offer me 40-50% less because 95% of the people on there can't afford anything over a $300 price tag. That's when they DO offer cash, some guy offered me "Little jim" the family dog, at least 6 people offered me snakes, a few washer/dryer offers, and other random crap.

I stay far, FAR away from Mewe and anyone who uses it. Between MGO and Armslist, I don't see any reason at all that someone would need to go there. It's not hard to sell something if you have a decent price.
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

As an alumni of MDFI I have access to their MeWe gun sales group. It's a small group, but stuff sells and prices seem reasonable. I bought a Weatherby SA shotgun from another member and was happy with the outcome. Mostly if I'm in the market for a used gun though I look at GunBroker or Armslist.

Banned
    MeWe

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Divegeek View Post
    As an alumni of MDFI I have access to their MeWe gun sales group. It's a small group, but stuff sells and prices seem reasonable. I bought a Weatherby SA shotgun from another member and was happy with the outcome. Mostly if I'm in the market for a used gun though I look at GunBroker or Armslist.
    Same here! As an alumni I've found some very nice items that others in the cadre have offered for sale.