Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post

You prompted me to go look, and brought up the Ear-Tagged Cervids along with the feral swine. I didn't know about that before. Larn' sump'n t'day I did. (yesterday)
    Ear tagged cervids? I don't believe that you can shoot one.
    Non-tagged cervids - fair game as long as they've been MIA for 48 hours, but how might one determine that if you're sitting there minding your own business and a sika came walking by?!
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Non-tagged cervids - fair game as long as they've been MIA for 48 hours, but how might one determine that if you're sitting there minding your own business and a sika came walking by?!
    I did not say that you could or could not shoot. I said that going to review the other subject brought up the subject of Ear-Tagged Cervids, and I had no previous knowledge of it.

If you want to read it, the link was in that post. The title of the section says what it says. The devil and the details are below that.

Shooting Feral Swine and Ear-Tagged Cervids
    Hunters are encouraged to report all feral swine seen or taken, online at
    mi.gov/feralswine or by calling 517-284-4725. Feral swine can be taken on public
    land by anyone possessing a valid hunting license or a concealed pistol license, or
    on private land with the landowner’s permission. For more information on how to
    identify feral swine sign, go to mi.gov/feralswine.
    All exotic cervids, including all white cervids, that do not bear visible identification,
    found outside of a fence of a cervidae facility for more than 48 hours may be
    taken by hunting year-round if the individual has a valid hunting license. To report
    escaped cervids, call 517-284-9453.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

If you are in fear of your life(big buck attacking you) I think you might be able to defend yourself using your CPL.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

MGO Board of Directors

I did not say that you could or could not shoot.
    No, you did not. I did.

My statement stands on its own.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    If you go even farther to page 22 in the Hunters Digest it talks about plain view and transporting unloaded in a case. How does this work if you have a CPL?

EQUIPMENT REGULATIONS
    • Handguns cannot be borrowed or loaned to another person other than provided for under the CPL.
    • While in the field, handguns must be carried in plain view.
    • Carrying a handgun in a holster in plain view is permitted.
    • You may transport your registered handguns while en route to and from your
    hunting or target shooting area; however, handguns, including BB guns larger than .177 caliber and all pellet guns, must be unloaded, in the barrel and magazines, and in a closed case designed for the storage of firearms and cannot be readily accessible to any occupant of the vehicle.
    • It is a crime for certain felons to possess ammunition and firearms, including rifles and shotguns, in Michigan.
    • Nonresidents must have a CPL or a license to purchase, carry or transport issued by their home state in their possession in order to legally carry or transport a handgun in Michigan. For more information regarding statewide handgun regulations, obtaining a CPL, or concealed weapons and firearms laws, contact your local police department.

No, you did not. I did.

My statement stands on its own.
    Then why did you quote me to make your statement?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Then why did you quote me to make your statement?
    Because you changed the subject and in order for me to take the detour, I gave reference to the new subject.

Now please quit taking the thread off subject.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12