Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Percussion Cap Muzzleloader assistance!!

So I won a T/C Hawken .50cal with a White Mountain Carbine barrel in an auction last week and thought I'd mix it up for muzzleloader season this year. I haven't used the older style since highschool, only the in-lines since. Anyone have any particular loads (powder) and bullets they like best?

Account Closed Forum User
    If you have a manual that came with your TC Hawken it should have the load data inside it.

I am a Forum User
    I own a CVA St. Louis Hawkens muzzle loader that i built from a kit. I used to shot maxi ball out of it with 90 grains of black powder. I started with using 70 grains, and went up from there to test accuracy. Id start there and see what bullets along with what grain powder are the most accurate

Find the RWS caps if you can, much hotter/louder than the remington/cva/CCI caps. After that I've always used 90gr pyrodex or tripple 7 and a 240gr bullet in a sabot. No complaints from the deer in close to 30 years with my CVA Hawkens.

MGO Member
    i like power belt bullets from cva