Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Account Closed Forum User

MDFI Will Not Be Utilizing Caledonia Sportsmans Club Any Longer

Good afternoon all,

For those that may not have heard, MDFI will no longer be holding classes or utilizing Caledonia Sportsman's Club in Alto Michigan any longer due to serious safety concerns stemming from the witnessed consumption of alcohol on the firing line/individuals witnessed drinking and then shooting and inaction from the BoD to do anything about it. Unfortunately, there are still firearms organizations who are aware of this issue that are still using the club without notifying the attendees on top of many of the public who do not know and venture to the club to shoot.

We have documented the full story here for those that are interested: FOR FULL STORY CLICK HERE

Hopefully there will be a change before something bad happens because of this grossly irresponsible behavior and we would caution anyone before being anywhere near the club.

- Trek

MGO Board of Directors

Good Gosh!

I just found this thread.

This is shocking and unbelievable.

Once again, an example how the country has shifted morals, ethics, and safety practices in the name of money. Good for MDFI for being a stand up organization. I hope that the Caledonia Range BOD feels the financial sting of losing business and comes to their senses.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Good Gosh!

I just found this thread.

This is shocking and unbelievable.

Once again, an example how the country has shifted morals, ethics, and safety practices in the name of money. Good for MDFI for being a stand up organization. I hope that the Caledonia Range BOD feels the financial sting of losing business and comes to their senses.
    I have never been there but their reaction seems off.

Either the most connected guys there drink and no one wants to ruffle feathers, or they have scary ideas about safety and liability.

Banned
    I'm not poopoo ING your response but I've shot there 600 times and never saw anyone do anything I'd take issue with from the little bar to the range...

They're all good old boys that sit up there...

MGO Member
    While I have never seen this happen at Lapeer Co Sportsman Club I did see at the Oakland Co SC when I was a member there. They have a big bar and it appeared to be a big source of income for them.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    While I drink very little and never when shooting are handling firearms I see no problem with having a drink AFTER the guns are cased for the day. You have a drink and get your gun out I an gone!