Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Birch Run 3 day show

3 Day show this weekend in Birch Run. I've been to the typical 2 day show there... is Friday from 12-5 dead with most of the dealers showing up Saturday AM or do you get the full "experience" Firday also?...

I am a Forum User
    Full, awful, typical experience you mean?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Full, awful, typical experience you mean?
    Exactly, lol.

I've got a few guns to dispose of (nothing special) and am looking for a good public crowd to mill around in. Just don't want to go friday afternoon if the main event is saturday/sunday.

Banned
    Friday is the only time I go. Didn't get any bites on my shotgun, but I did find a guy on the south side with Pmags for under AIM's price with free shipping. He had factory SCAR17s mags cheap too.

Otherwise, less people than I remember, and a lot of empty tables.

There's still the goof who builds cheap AR's while you watch. Doesn't even stake the gas keys. No clue why he pieces a BCG together from components.

Pretty much everyone else selling there has not heard of the internet, and hasn't looked at their local Walmart. Reload company I'd never heard of selling their roll your owns for 2-3 bucks more a box than I can buy online or at the store. Folks selling JUNK AR's for over $600.

There WAS one guy who had ammo at market prices. Actually had Remington Thunderbolt for 3 cents per round.

Most folks were selling the $19 Walmart bulk packs for $40. LOL!

MGO Member
    I quit going long ago.

Banned
    Yup, I can't understand how they sell anything at some of those prices, the vast majority of patrons that go to gun shows know guns and ammo and prices. No way can the occasional clueless buyer make it worth even paying for a table. One seller had old boxes of 12 ga, game load like you buy at Meijer or Walmart and he wanted 10.00 a box and they were around 20yrs old ???? WTF?. A guy had 30 Carbine mag covers for .50 eh, a few tables over another guy wanted 4.95 EACH.

I am a Forum User
    Most of the gun shows seem to be more of a big flea market than anything else.
    There is one promoter that only runs a few shows a year that does not have a bunch of flea market junk.
    His shows are all in Northern Michigan.

Banned
    What's the point of renting a table, if you're not looking to make money?

You've been sitting on this ****** inventory for months, years, maybe even decades. These guys should be trying to SELL. Lol

Five bucks, and I get rid of this useless widget I paid 7 for 20 years ago, and it won't move? SOLD. 10, for something I paid 5 for, but it's been sitting at 20? SOLD.

$50, for $120 of stuff I can't sell? SOLD.

And yet these guys keep coming back, keep putting the exact same stuff out, and keep asking way over market. WHY?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    What's the point of renting a table, if you're not looking to make money?

You've been sitting on this ****** inventory for months, years, maybe even decades. These guys should be trying to SELL. Lol

Five bucks, and I get rid of this useless widget I paid 7 for 20 years ago, and it won't move? SOLD. 10, for something I paid 5 for, but it's been sitting at 20? SOLD.

$50, for $120 of stuff I can't sell? SOLD.

And yet these guys keep coming back, keep putting the exact same stuff out, and keep asking way over market. WHY?
    Exactly, I can't figure it out. Some must sit there for two days and sell nothing.