Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Board of Directors

Looking down the barrel of a loaded 12 guage

Went to a pheasant farm yesterday as I often do. While waiting for the tower shoot group to all come into the clubhouse, I sat in a chair near a window surveying the group of happy guys. They were just coming in from the walk-up/clean-up portion of their day. One of them decided to unload his shotgun about 10 feet from the building. I looked up and saw his barrel pointed right at me through the window. He was holding his firearm sideways, shaking it, trying to let gravity help get a shotgun shell out of his breach.
    That round dropped and he auto-racked another round in. I hit the floor and tried pulling the guy next to me down as I dropped.

Nothing happened. No round went off, and I looked like a fool - but A LIVE fool.

I fricken HATE public shooting ranges unless I am alone or with a small group of very trusted friends.

Next time, I will show up a half hour late.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Member
    I agree.

Thats the main reason I avoid indoor ranges. I would love to shoot indoors when the weather is ugly outside, but I NEED to know the guy/gal shooting next to me.
    Join MGO Date 07-25-2007
    AMAC Member

I am a Forum User
    Bird shot, you woulda been fine...

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Bird shot, you woulda been fine...
    I know you are joking, but I was a witness to a death caused by a hunter that fired his bird shot without shouldering his shotgun.

The pneumothorax killed him before we could get to civilization.

I HATE this memory.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    I know you are joking, but I was a witness to a death caused by a hunter that fired his bird shot without shouldering his shotgun.

The pneumothorax killed him before we could get to civilization.

I HATE this memory.
    <<<<me

MGO Member
    About 35 years ago was hunting with my father in the sharon valley state game area put and take pheasant hunting (manchester).Got shot by a dumb ass with birdshot with our dog on point.Nothing funny about it.I hate idiots with guns.Went to the ER to get BB,s picked out of my arm.SOB who shot us ran off threw the brush.
    Last edited by coobie; 11-25-2018 at 07:37 PM.

MGO Member Forum User
    deleted.
    read the rest of the thread
    missed post 5.
    my "joke" response was stupid after I read that
    My apologies to Jackam ... especially if you read it.
    Last edited by LivoniaDan; 11-25-2018 at 06:39 PM.