Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiChallenger View Post
    My head is starting to hurt...
    Get the gun and shoot it. Unless you go with extremely long target bullets, you will be fine. With a sporter weight barrel, that's all you will be using anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by HemiChallenger View Post
    My head is starting to hurt...
    Think of it the easy way, its sub moa off the rack.

At 300 yards its a three inch group.

Hunting in michigan that is all you could ever need. Where I hunt its 40-60 yards. 100 yards is all gray cant see squat. 300 yards is on someone elses property not the wooded stuff I hunt.

Buy it, shoot the barrel out or shoot the heck out of it, and if you love it and find its failing you go get a custom barrel put on.

I am a Forum User
    Think of ARs. You can shoot 55 to 80gr bullets in a 1:7 barrel with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Think of ARs. You can shoot 55 to 80gr bullets in a 1:7 barrel with no problem.
    Or lighter if you choose. My 1/7" AR shoots 52 gr Sierra HPs better then any of the heavier bullets I have shot in it out to 200 m. Even 50 gr have shot very well for me.
    The only problems with lighter bullets in fast twists is if there are any inconsistencies in the uniformity of jacket or core that slightly unbalance the bullet from its central axis. It is like a unbalanced tire, the faster you go the more it affects the tire/bullets travel.
    Heavier larger bullets can have the same problem, but as a percentage of variation the core and jacket tolerance of larger bullets are easier to keep in check then smaller ones. This is true no matter if you are shooting .22cal bullets or .45cal.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Get the gun and shoot it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Think of it the easy way, its sub moa off the rack.

At 300 yards its a three inch group.

Buy it, shoot the barrel out or shoot the heck out of it, and if you love it and find its failing you go get a custom barrel put on.
    Agreed. I'm probably over thinking things. Get it shoot it and not worry so much.

I am a Forum User
    I have an older "new pre 64" stainless and walnut model 70 in .270. I believe it's a South Carolina gun if memory serves me? Featherweight 22" with some manner of recessed crown designed to save the barrel in the event you smash something w the muzzle.

It shoots all manner of factory 130gr offerings lights out. Awesome trigger and action was slick from the factory. I wish I got to shoot it more but I hunt below the line.

Wouldn't trade it for the world. Makes my 700s feel very cheap.

Never gave a second thought to twist in that caliber :shrug:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123