Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Board of Directors

HB 6522 of 2018 - Allow employees to carry concealed pistols in schools

HB 6522 of 2018
    Weapons; concealed; employees to carry concealed pistols in school and on school property under certain circumstances; allow. Amends sec. 5o of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425o).
    Last Action: 11/28/2018 bill electronically reproduced 11/27/2018
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    hell yeah

HELL NO!

This does NOT put the ability to carry into the hands of the employees, it codifies that the governing body of the school can limit or deny the concealed carry by employees (which already exists). This would be a start to creating a patch-work of differing laws all across the State.

It also appears to further limit parents/guardians only to the act of picking up or dropping off a student by shuffling around where the "definitions" are listed, though nothing there really changes.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    HELL NO!

This does NOT put the ability to carry into the hands of the employees, it codifies that the governing body of the school can limit or deny the concealed carry by employees (which already exists). This would be a start to creating a patch-work of differing laws all across the State.

It also appears to further limit parents/guardians only to the act of picking up or dropping off a student by shuffling around where the "definitions" are listed, though nothing there really changes.
    It really isn't patchwork laws. It is patchwork employer contracts, which already exist district to district. Wouldn't this more closely reflect private employer policy rights?