Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrou View Post
    One addition is that the CPL is a carry license, obviously. Once you go through the check, if you keep your CPL current, you will never need another purchase permit. One and done. I've found it very handy. If you find a great deal on a handgun, and don't have a CPL, you have to leave it, go get a purchase permit, and hope they haven't sold the gun by the time you get back.
    Sometimes my wallet wonders if that is a feature or a flaw of having a CPL.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post

Yeah, mine too.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    I found it to be the best perk of my CPL. I know the small LGS's appreciate it too, one less call to the feds.

I am sure you are all aware (it has been discussed a lot here) that the Feds have said the Mi CPL can no longer be used in lieu of a NCICs check at an FFL. Private purchase is still OK, but an FFL dealer will run the check even if you have a CPL.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Patron Member
    NRA Handgun Instructor
    USCCA Handgun Instructor

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ltcnav View Post
    I am sure you are all aware (it has been discussed a lot here) that the Feds have said the Mi CPL can no longer be used in lieu of a NCICs check at an FFL. Private purchase is still OK, but an FFL dealer will run the check even if you have a CPL.
    The poster need a tenth post.
    This is a 2year old thread.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ltcnav View Post
    Still, with a CPL, you don't need to leave to go get a RI-10 purchase permit. You can purchase on the spot with an RI-60.

Quote Originally Posted by nmuskier View Post
    Still, with a CPL, you don't need to leave to go get a RI-10 purchase permit. You can purchase on the spot with an RI-60.
    You need to state what you are talking about when you make statements like above. You only need an RI-010 if you want to buy in a private transaction and don't have a CPL. And I would hope that if you went somewhere with the intent to view a pistol in what would be a private transaction without a CPL, you would have brought the RI-010 with you.

And if purchasing from an FFL, he will issue an RI-060 whether you have a CPL or not.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12