Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Bowers makes a 11/16 thread cap for the vers 458

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ubelongoutside View Post
    The Bowers is definitely a hog of a can, but on a 16" barreled carbine I think it will be fine, and most of the other guns I'd use it on are carbines as well.
    I recently started playing with my Bowers can on a .458 SOCOM upper. On a 16” gun, you end up with the equivalent of a 27” barrel. Feels like swinging a long heavy shotgun around. I’m thinking I may need to get a short barrel for suppressed loads and a leave the long barrel for fast loads.

Having said that, I still like shooting it his way. I’m still working on subsonic load development. The Black Butterfly subsonic ammo I bought sounds good, but only functions with the can in place. (It uses a “lightweight” 350 gr. bullet. Heavier bullets function great in sub loads.)

One bonus with the Bowers is you can get their muzzle brake, which uses the same thread mount.

TjYhTdwh.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettJ View Post
    I recently started playing with my Bowers can on a .458 SOCOM upper. On a 16” gun, you end up with the equivalent of a 27” barrel. Feels like swinging a long heavy shotgun around. I’m thinking I may need to get a short barrel for suppressed loads and a leave the long barrel for fast loads.

Having said that, I still like shooting it his way. I’m still working on subsonic load development. The Black Butterfly subsonic ammo I bought sounds good, but only functions with the can in place. (It uses a “lightweight” 350 gr. bullet. Heavier bullets function great in sub loads.)

One bonus with the Bowers is you can get their muzzle brake, which uses the same thread mount.

TjYhTdwh.jpg
    The Black Butterfly is not supposed to cycle the action without the can.

Don't have a pic of the hybrid on my 450BM, but here's one from last winter of it on a 16" barreled upper in a 44x1.8" wildcat off of 30-06 brass run at up to 60K (uses a 22-250 bolt and extension to do it). With the QD back end cap on it the OAL is 8-3/8" (7-13/16" with direct thread back cap). Most of my hunting guns have either a 14.5" barrel with a welded on QD brake to bring them up over 16" or a 16" barrel as we mostly hunt out of treestands where longer barrel/suppressor combinations are less handy. Longest barrel I hunt with using the suppressor is an 18".
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    The Black Butterfly is not supposed to cycle the action without the can.
    Which is ok, since I would only run that ammo suppressed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettJ View Post
    Which is ok, since I would only run that ammo suppressed anyway.
    Ya, it would be kind of silly to shoot expensive subsonic ammo without a can.
    People always try with subsonic .300BLK, then they go on forums asking why it doesn’t run without the can.
    “Because it’s not supposed to”

MGO Member
    So I think I've settled on the Hybrid, just because it seems to be an all around can that will work well on the .450 BM.

I just picked up my Ruger American Ranch in Stainless with the black composite stock at Randy's in Bad Axe on Friday. It feels small now, but I'm sure once the Hybrid is on the end it won't any longer. Planning to get the Hybrid ASR Muzzle Device and Mount to make it "quick" detach as well.

Just watched a Hybrid go for $595 before stamp on GunBroker. The seller had it listed as a .30 cal can which I think threw everyone off, but as soon as he added a picture of the sticker showing it as a Hybrid 46 it sold. Kicking myself for that one. Hoping to see another for that price, but if not it looks like a few for around $650 on there.

I am a Forum User
    I love my hybrid. I shoot my 450BM, 6.5 creedmoor, 6.5 Grendel, 556 and 10mm through it. Just get different end caps and you are set.

MGO Member
    I just tried my cosmic on my .450 for the first time this morning. I’m sure it’s not the ideal, but it sure takes the edge off which is all I was really expecting. The can is a blast on my pistol and pc9 carbine, where it will get a whole lot more use than it will in the .450. I am very happy with it for the cost!
    Attached Images Attached Images

MGO Member
    I already own a .45 caliber sub gun can that came with my Stemple sub gun. I didn't think it would work for the .450 though. Now though it sounds as if it actually might. Waiting to hear back from the manufacturer of the can. A place called Coastal Guns out of Georgia. They have some other interesting cans too. Particularly one for the .44 Mag Ruger which I also own. Pricey though. Trying to get a 11/16-24 threaded cap for it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast