Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Laser-based target practice systems

Hi, all. I searched the forums and did not find anything recent for this topic. My son is interested in receiving one, so I've started my search. He found information for iTarget Pro and I've started there. It gets pretty good reviews, except for the rubber button "primer" replacement that, when struck by the striker, briefly triggers the laser. The negative is that after some amount of use the rubber button fails.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thx

https://www.itargetpro.com/products/itarget-sled

Banned
    Maybe, maybe not your thing.

Cool, none the less.

https://mantisx.com

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I1I1I11II View Post
    Maybe, maybe not your thing.

Cool, none the less.

https://mantisx.com
    Thx much.

I am a Forum User
    Good Morning tkurban:

As a competitor that is very active in the shooting community, most people who get those computer trainers, they use them for a month or so but then revert back to their regular schedule of dry firing. It gives some cool information but after you have analyzed a couple hundred shots, it gets rather tedious.

Personally, I rented a SCATT trainer and used it for about a hundred dry fire shots with rifle, about 20 live fire shots with rifle, and a couple hundred dry and live fire shots with pistol.

It was cool for a little bit but I quickly lost interest in the thing. If I thought it would be beneficial, I would have purchased one for use/training for me and my teams. When I looked at the SCATT system, it was about $1,300.00. That MantisX system, at $150.00 plus the cost of a larger screen then a phone, looks interesting and is certainly economical, does not get me excited enough to pull the trigger even if it is a toy that might get some of my less experienced shooters to practice more.

If you want to become a better shot, you need to practice, practice, and practice a little more. Some coaching or training helps get you started on the right track too. \\

Regards,
    Crankster

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crankythunder View Post
    Good Morning tkurban:

As a competitor that is very active in the shooting community, most people who get those computer trainers, they use them for a month or so but then revert back to their regular schedule of dry firing. It gives some cool information but after you have analyzed a couple hundred shots, it gets rather tedious.

Personally, I rented a SCATT trainer and used it for about a hundred dry fire shots with rifle, about 20 live fire shots with rifle, and a couple hundred dry and live fire shots with pistol.

It was cool for a little bit but I quickly lost interest in the thing. If I thought it would be beneficial, I would have purchased one for use/training for me and my teams. When I looked at the SCATT system, it was about $1,300.00. That MantisX system, at $150.00 plus the cost of a larger screen then a phone, looks interesting and is certainly economical, does not get me excited enough to pull the trigger even if it is a toy that might get some of my less experienced shooters to practice more.

If you want to become a better shot, you need to practice, practice, and practice a little more. Some coaching or training helps get you started on the right track too. \\

Regards,
    Crankster
    Thx much for your feedback.

Everyone I see at the range with a laser shoots like crap. Learn to shoot by using the sights.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Everyone I see at the range with a laser shoots like crap. Learn to shoot by using the sights.
    Did you even read the original post or follow the link? Obviously not. If you can't do that please don't my waste time with a nonsensical response.

Banned
    Crank has a good point...

Typical issues with pistol have to do with presentation, grip, and trigger control.

The mantisx system will give good feedback. Nothing you can't see in the target...

150 dollars in a trainer and lots of practice following would be a better buy...

Or... 1k rounds and lots of YouTube (watching real shooters explain presentation, grip, and trigger control) followed by range time and dry fire at home.

Quote Originally Posted by tkurban53 View Post
    Did you even read the original post or follow the link? Obviously not. If you can't do that please don't my waste time with a nonsensical response.
    Sure I did. I even watched the video. Just another gimmick.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Sure I did. I even watched the video. Just another gimmick.
    Then you should have understood that the laser is not used for aiming. One aims with the gun's sights. The laser (in the form of a "cartridge") is used to briefly display where the shot would have hit the target, which is then recorded by the app. So your comment about "learning to shoot by using the sights" makes no sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast