Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    That place is VERY SKETCHY.

They have Facebook raffles for guns in a private group (and against Facebook rules). Multiple raffles a day with no raffle license through the state, and their "random" selection seems to select their personal friends 70% of the time. They instantly ban and block anyone who questions the legality or complains about their raffles.

They make $200-$300 over MSRP on each gun by the time all of the tickets are sold and none of the group members bat an eye. They just start sending over money via paypal (Friends & Family payments by the way, so it can't be tracked through Goods & Services). I wouldn't be surprised if this place just closed their doors to the public and made all of their money doing raffles on Facebook all day long.

I spent about $100 on tickets before I caught onto their crap and left the group.

I'd avoid these guys and anything to do with them.
    Why not send notice to the ATF or some other agency if you suspect foul play or law breaking? you can remain anonymous.

I am a Forum User
    I’ve done a purchase and several transfers for me..

They have always been above board, and by the book..

I’d vouch for the work they have done for me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    What does this mean?
    Collect tax on the firearm purchase price.

Quote Originally Posted by I1I1I11II View Post
    Collect tax on the firearm purchase price.
    They don't..charge tax? How. That eats most of (or all) their profit on firearms sales. That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard.

I am a Forum User
    They don't..charge tax? How. That eats most of (or all) their profit on firearms sales. That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard.
    I think they mean on transfers. I don't know anybody who does.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    I think they mean on transfers. I don't know anybody who does.
    Like...if you transfer a gun they charge you tax equal to the cost of the firearm or they charge you tax on the actual transfer?

The transfer is labour, there is no tax on labour in Michigan so that would be absurd for anyone to do. lol

Like...if you transfer a gun they charge you tax equal to the cost of the firearm or they charge you tax on the actual transfer?

The transfer is labour, there is no tax on labour in Michigan so that would be absurd for anyone to do. lol
    Some FFL's will charge you the tax assessed on the value of the firearm. Even if it's a trade, they'll take bluebook value and charge you. At some point they were told they had to do this, and pointing out that in fact, it is not a FFL's responsibility to do so falls on deaf ears. It's the buyer's responsibility to claim it on their taxes.
    I used one FFL in Mattawan once who did this. Learned that from now on, I ask first before using them.
    And, no, they do not charge tax on the service of conducting the transfer.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Some FFL's will charge you the tax assessed on the value of the firearm. Even if it's a trade, they'll take bluebook value and charge you. At some point they were told they had to do this, and pointing out that in fact, it is not a FFL's responsibility to do so falls on deaf ears. It's the buyer's responsibility to claim it on their taxes.
    I used one FFL in Mattawan once who did this. Learned that from now on, I ask first before using them.
    And, no, they do not charge tax on the service of conducting the transfer.
    If anyone ever tried to tax me for a transfer I'd have some very unkind words for them. That's insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Yeah ive gotten ffl transfers before and the store i transferred it to has wrongfully charged me the 6% sales tax.... You pay the tax to the website you buy from. I got 2 transfers from parabellum before and they didnt do that to me. Also they have the cheapest ffl transfer in michigan. 20$

Banned
    I called parabellum to notify that some folks have concerns here.

They've been good to me and deserve a fair shake in my opinion.

We shouldn't be eating our own if they're on the up and up.

I've neither seen nor heard anything wrong in the couple time I've used them.

In fact, they've been better than most I've used in the past.
    Last edited by I1I1I11II; 12-08-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast