Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Remington 03-A3 (A4) Sniper model

Hi
    Friend has Remington 03-A3 (A4) Sniper model rifle that looks to be in great shape. Guessing 90% plus condition. Does not have original optic but does look to have the original weaver mount/base.
    They are listed at anywhere between $3k and $6k on some sites, depending if original optics are included. He wants to sell it.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    The Remington 03-A4 rifle was fitted with Redfield scope mounts exclusively.

I am a Forum User
    Because of the cost of correct originals, many folks have made their own clones on A3 rifles just to have one for range fun. A correct rifle will have a backwards roll stamp on the receiver, because of the Redfield base mount. It would obscure the usual placement for the rollmark, so for the A4's it was moved to the opposite (left) side.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by shuvelrider View Post
    Because of the cost of correct originals, many folks have made their own clones on A3 rifles just to have one for range fun. A correct rifle will have a backwards roll stamp on the receiver, because of the Redfield base mount. It would obscure the usual placement for the rollmark, so for the A4's it was moved to the opposite (left) side.
    and its marked M1903-A4 not 1903-A3

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ltdave View Post
    and its marked M1903-A4 not 1903-A3
    The 03-A4s were still rollmarked 03-A3. As pointed out by shuvelrider, the rollmark was moved so that it wasn't hidden by the scope mount.

Original block of 03-A4 serial numbers: 3,407,088-3,427,087
    Second block: 4,000,001-4,015,000

Because 03-A3 production protruded into the latter range, the 03-A4s in this range were given a "Z" prefix to the serial number.
    Some sources state that the "Z" series rifles were marked 03-A4.
    Last edited by wombat12; 12-06-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

I am a Forum User
    Oops! Sorry, it is indeed a redfield base.

I am a Forum User
    Yes, it has correct roll mark I think. Ill ask if I can post his pics also.

I am a Forum User
    Thank you! I will pass that info on! Ill see if he has some good pics also for you.

I am a Forum User
    Where would you recommend he sell?

I am a Forum User
    Guess the main point from everyone is for your friend to verify it is a correct A4 sniper version. Then do his research to find what the market will bear to place a value on it, correct original optics would be a big plus and they are a study unto themselves. Grabbed a couple links that might help for info.

https://www.americanrifleman.org
    https://gundigest.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast