Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time for another safe...chime in please

I am in BFE up north. I bought a 30" Heritage Safe from Jay's about a dozen years ago and I have outgrown it. I get that another similar safe is better than a brand new double safe. But I also REALLY like my non-electric combination mechanism unless you can convince me otherwise...and so many safes seem to ONLY have the electronic keypad (i'd prefer the hinges are hidden as well, with so many they are not). Stores near me are Dunham's or Tractor Supply (or Jay's again), or the Internet. I have seen the SnapSafe info/thread, but that also has the keypad. I am less worried about break in/theft than fire or similar disaster.
    Last edited by UpNorthWOLF; 12-05-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Banned
    Liberty has a line like that...

Tractor Supply has some Liberty safes on sale this week...I'll check there I guess

MGO Member
    The John Deere dealer here sold liberty safes as well. He gave employee pricing to a lot of us. Never saw a yellow and Greene one.

Non electric.

However, I don't recall a JD dealer that far North. Just looked, over 100 miles to closest one.
    Name:  Screenshot_2018-12-06-05-29-51.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  9.8 KB

What you want is still out there ... Just special order.

I think the electronic locks are decent, but deff not the cheap ones. Gotta spend pretty good dough to get a really nice lock. Same goes for mechanical also, just maybe not as much $ for security. They have different rated mechanical and digital locks.

In the end I went with a smaller Champion Model T, 12 gauge steel safe (my Heritage is 11 gauge)... This video helped a lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3d_D33vOt8

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by UpNorthWOLF View Post
    In the end I went with a smaller Champion Model T, 12 gauge steel safe (my Heritage is 11 gauge)... This video helped a lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3d_D33vOt8
    I'm in Charlevoix, and I just bought a Champion from Jays, also my second safe. I started out looking at Liberty, but the Champion blows it away in every category. I got the internal hinges as well, because of where this one sits, and I love this thing! Jays was very negotiable on the price, and I even used the company they recommended to pick it up and deliver it ($272 complete...pick up/deliver/install).

Yeah, I got my Champion at Jay's at a good price, but brought it home with my pickup. FYI - It was made in Mexico.

I am a Forum User
    I like liberty safes myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast