Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged1 View Post
    Not my experience. I just picked up a used RIA 9mm 1911 this week (really like it) and it really doesn't fit any of the other 1911 holsters I have. It's too fat at the barrel end to fit into the Comptac that I use for a Springfield Range Office. (It might if i totally loosened the adjusting screws but then the Springfield would be flopping around). It fits sloppy into a Fobus holster that I use for a Colt, but would fall out if turned upside down. I have a Serpa that fits a Kimber SSII fine but I have to push hard on the RIA to get it to go in and get caught on the retention tab. I'm actually kind of bummed on the lack of commonality in holster fit.
    That's not a caliber issue that's a manufacturer issue

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged1 View Post
    Not my experience. I just picked up a used RIA 9mm 1911 this week (really like it) and it really doesn't fit any of the other 1911 holsters I have. It's too fat at the barrel end
    Does it have a rail or extended frame?

Aside from some one-offs, the measurements should be the same.
    1911 on top is a cheap-o Tisas 9mm; one on bottom is a customized Colt 70 Series 45.
    Just a quick measurement behind the barrel hood shows widths.
    One of the reasons why 9mm 1911s tend to be a little more finicky- the pistol was designed and built around a different caliber.

IMG_3491.jpg
    IMG_3493.jpg
    IMG_3492.jpg
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

MGO Member
    No rail.

MGO Member
    Regarding caliber not being the issue, that's true. Probably more correct to say the when it comes to holsters for 1911's in general, one size does not fit all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12