Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Realistically, you aren't going to get charged for listing yourself as the seller and the buyer. The various police entities want you to register even if the law is a mess and really doesn't allow for it, in this instance.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    When I do get a response back and complete the RI-060, what have the rest of you put on the model section?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    When I do get a response back and complete the RI-060, what have the rest of you put on the model section?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I doing think anyone has registered one. (Being a felony and all)
    Might be tough to get someone to tell you that they did an RI-60 on one.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Realistically, you aren't going to get charged for listing yourself as the seller and the buyer. The various police entities want you to register even if the law is a mess and really doesn't allow for it, in this instance.
    The ATF told me to write a letter that I had installed a 16" barrel on an SBR and took it out of the registry before turning it into a machine gun. (They didn't have a provision for when someone makes a SBR full auto)
    I told them I won't do it and they refused to register my machine gun.

Every year at my compliance inspection, I would ask the IOI right away "Hey, you wanna see my unregistered machine gun?"

They thought it was a joke till I showed them, and explained that NFA branch told me to commit a felony by lying on the statement.

It never got fixed, and I had that MG for 10+ years (Every IOI that saw it said "I'll get this taken care of".... nope)

I still have the receiver chunk from when I got bored of it and sold it as a parts kit.

So, even though they "Want" you to do it, I NEVER will as long as it's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    So, even though they "Want" you to do it, I NEVER will as long as it's illegal.
    I am not suggesting people do, just pointing out why people are told to do it.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am not suggesting people do, just pointing out why people are told to do it.
    You said they won’t get charged if they commit this crime.
    I don’t trust the government with my liberty.

MGO Member
    I agree that .gov simply wants you register your handguns and are unlikely to pursue prosecution but Is there a statue of limitations on making a false statement on a gov't form?
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    but Is there a statue of limitations on making a false statement on a gov't form?
    I would venture to say, 2 or 3 generations past your mortal existence on this earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    You said they won’t get charged if they commit this crime.
    I don’t trust the government with my liberty.
    I am not saying you should, but I do think it is fair to point out that, to the best of my knowledge, no one has been charged and there are thousands of people that could, and it would be difficult to prosecute even if they wanted to charge. I think it could be easily beaten.

Don't get me wrong, telling people to list themselves as the seller and the buyer is terrible advice, but trying to scare people with a felony is a little bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    I agree that .gov simply wants you register your handguns and are unlikely to pursue prosecution but Is there a statue of limitations on making a false statement on a gov't form?
    6 years.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast