Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I am not saying you should, but I do think it is fair to point out that, to the best of my knowledge, no one has been charged and there are thousands of people that could, and it would be difficult to prosecute even if they wanted to charge. I think it could be easily beaten.

Don't get me wrong, telling people to list themselves as the seller and the buyer is terrible advice, but trying to scare people with a felony is a little bit of a stretch.
    Next you'll tell me shouldering a pistol brace is no... not... maybe... yes... not authorized.
    Love the fact the government makes issues only it can screw up solving.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Next you'll tell me shouldering a pistol brace is no... not... maybe... yes... not authorized.
    Ugh....not going to touch that topic. If we just repealed the NFA and GCA, life would be so much simpler.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Don't get me wrong, telling people to list themselves as the seller and the buyer is terrible advice, but trying to scare people with a felony is a little bit of a stretch.
    If it were a civil infraction or a misdemeanor, then it's not a stretch? I'm not being argumentative, but the law is pretty clearly written that falsifying information on the RI-060 is a felony.
    It's not a scare tactic. It's simply stating fact.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    If it were a civil infraction or a misdemeanor, then it's not a stretch? I'm not being argumentative, but the law is pretty clearly written that falsifying information on the RI-060 is a felony.
    It's not a scare tactic. It's simply stating fact.
    Prosecuting these type of offenses is very difficult and rare. I have seen hundreds of people file false information in obtaining a PPO, which is far more harmful than what we are talking about and I have yet to see a single charge put forth. I am just being realistic.

The law is also "clear" on some other things. Have you ever uttered the words G0D Dam%%%? That is a misdemeanor. Do you caution people against having an affair with a married person? That is a felony.

It is a stretch because, to the best of anyone's knowledge, no one has been prosecuted.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    I'm a big fan of following the law when 3 letter agencies are involved.

I am a Forum User
    I thought the whole point of the 80% lowers is so u DONT have to register. Otherwise your having to make your own firearm just to register it.

I am a Forum User
    Jesus you people nit-pick the bejeesus outta everything. Swap the tin foil hats for Santa hats already.

The RI-60 is just a form to enter the data that will be input into the database. The penalties for falsifying info is relating to registering a pistol to yourself when it's really going to someone else. Or faking your information so it can't be traced back to the correct person. No one is trying to tie you up for a felony. They simply made a form that doesn't account for rare instances. Rather than go through the BS of creating a new or separate form, they make it work. No one is scouring the forms for issues. Someone being paid $11/hr takes the stack of forms each day and does data entry. That's it. The only time you'll ever get an eyebrow raised is when something prevents them from completing the database entry.

You're looking for problems when there aren't any and just being melodramatic. And all the "but but but it's a felony!" posts that are gonna follow this are the definition of being ridiculous. You need to find something worthwhile to worry about in your life. I wish I had the wherewithal to check how many of you also post "concealed means concealed" all the time.

OP: if you're really worried about it, fill the form out as instructed, print your email in quadriplicate, keep one with the form, put one in a safety deposit box, one in a fireproof safe in an underground bomb shelter, and put an attorney on retainer and give them a copy. When the gestapo comes for you, your attorney can argue that an agent of the state made you to do something you wouldn't normally, which is what entrapment is. Or just go on with your life and not give it another thought. Either one.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyChryst View Post
    Jesus you people nit-pick the bejeesus outta everything. Swap the tin foil hats for Santa hats already.

The RI-60 is just a form to enter the data that will be input into the database. The penalties for falsifying info is relating to registering a pistol to yourself when it's really going to someone else. Or faking your information so it can't be traced back to the correct person. No one is trying to tie you up for a felony. They simply made a form that doesn't account for rare instances. Rather than go through the BS of creating a new or separate form, they make it work. No one is scouring the forms for issues. Someone being paid $11/hr takes the stack of forms each day and does data entry. That's it. The only time you'll ever get an eyebrow raised is when something prevents them from completing the database entry.

You're looking for problems when there aren't any and just being melodramatic. And all the "but but but it's a felony!" posts that are gonna follow this are the definition of being ridiculous. You need to find something worthwhile to worry about in your life. I wish I had the wherewithal to check how many of you also post "concealed means concealed" all the time.

OP: if you're really worried about it, fill the form out as instructed, print your email in quadriplicate, keep one with the form, put one in a safety deposit box, one in a fireproof safe in an underground bomb shelter, and put an attorney on retainer and give them a copy. When the gestapo comes for you, your attorney can argue that an agent of the state made you to do something you wouldn't normally, which is what entrapment is. Or just go on with your life and not give it another thought. Either one.
    Remind me- what's the penalty for not filling out a RI-60? So, if you're gonna chance it, why not just forgo the stupid ass document FUDD state makes you fill out in the first place and call it a day?
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyChryst View Post

Have you heard what is going on around the President of the United States?
    All sorts of obscure charges & even jail/prison terms for things no one thought would happen.
    Remember the courts have ruled it is OK for the police to LIE to you to get the information they want.

I am a Forum User
    And they love nothing more than to take a gun owner to task on some bullsh#t technicality and then blast the LSM with it as we've seen before time and time again.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast