Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to buy....

I am a Forum User

What to buy....

Do I buy a 224 or 7.62x39 AR upper first, I'm leaning 7.62x39

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo9991 View Post
    Do I buy a 224 or 7.62x39 AR upper first, I'm leaning 7.62x39

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I wouldn’t do just an upper in 7.62...there’s no real good mag options

Banned
    224 and 762x39 are 2 totally different animals...

You buy both and use them for what they're intended for...

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    Not a fan of 7.62x39 AR's...most folks shoot cheap steel cased ammo, which is dirty and tends to gum up an already finicky rifle. If 7.62x39 is what you want, get an AK or SKS. As for .224, price per round is going to be an issue, that stuff isn't cheap.

Get whatever you want OP, if you like it and it feels right, buy it. Personally, my next AR is going to be a 9x19 that accepts Glock magazines..should be fun.

I am a Forum User
    Do you already have one in .223? If not, start with .223 Wylde so you have one that eats cheap ammo and then decide what you want next.

I am a Forum User
    Neither. 6.5 Grendel ftw!

X39 sucks in ARs.
    Primers in ammo are never consistent between brands. Pierce primers, or light strikes. Sometimes they run.

I am a Forum User
    An AR is 7.62x39 is useless. If you want to shoot the cartridge then buy an AK. The .224 Valkyrie is a super cool round if your into long range shooting and varmint hunting. But it will be more expensive for plinking over the .223/5.56. IMHO if your going to run one lower with multiple uppers then .223/5.56 for plinking and home defense, 224 Valkyrie or 6.5 Grendel for long range - varmint hunting and a .450 BM for bigger game hunting. Like I said if you want to shoot cheap steel 7.62x39 then get a cheap AK.

Banned
    If you like the idea of 762 x39 maybe the ballistics or the capability to take a larger animal etc

300 blackout is a great round to have and the AR platform. and you can mortgage your life for a year and wait for a suppressor and then run subs very quietly.

Banned
    If you get a barrel that has an AK size chamber for the 7.62x39 and an extended firing pin, you won't have any problems. I use ASC mags for the platform and mine runs flawlessly with all ammo. The guys that have problems most likely didn't build it right or went cheap on the barrel. Good luck whichever you choose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast