Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    I was in the market and doing some research. I would go for the extra dinero and buy a sig juliet 3. That mount is exactly what I want for a magnifier. If you need another red dot the romeo and juliet combos are significantly under $400 on ebay.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade1 View Post
    I was in the market and doing some research. I would go for the extra dinero and buy a sig juliet 3. That mount is exactly what I want for a magnifier. If you need another red dot the romeo and juliet combos are significantly under $400 on ebay.
    Agree 100%. I just finished building two more AR15s (I found the stripped lowers and parts kits in my safe -- forgot I bought them in 2012) and picked up a Romeo5 for one of them and will be adding the Juliet3 soon. I didn't realize they had the Romeo5 / Juliet3 combo until AFTER I ordered the Romeo5. I may end up buying the combo and keeping the standalone Romeo5 as well.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
    Recently got a vortex crossfire red dot and a romeo 5 - anyone use a magnifier with either? Any thoughts, either way? Both seem little "flared" but probably my bad eyes
    I have the Vortex Strikefire II Red/Green Dot, with the matched Vortex flip up magnifier, if you ever want to see the setup first hand.

Im in North macomb.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    I have the Vortex Strikefire II Red/Green Dot, with the matched Vortex flip up magnifier, if you ever want to see the setup first hand.

Im in North macomb.
    Do you have the mount flipping left or right, and if to the right, does the release button placement make things hard to do expediently?

I am a Forum User
    Do you have the mount flipping left or right, and if to the right, does the release button placement make things hard to do expediently?
    I know this wasn't addressed to me but I do have one AR configured with a Vortex flip magnifier & an EOtech.

With the flipped-around mount (magnifier now flips to right) the push button is now a little tight to the EOtech but with some practice isn't a big problem. With some RED DOT sights or similar it could be a problem if the RED DOT has width or a protrusion in the push button area. (something to keep in mind when looking at magnifier/RED DOT's)

I just couldn't live with that magnifier in my vision's way when flipped to the left (I am a right hand shooter) as it was in my peripheral vision shooting with both eyes open as I normally shoot.

It did cause a few small problems when I swapped the flip to the R/H side-- first one was magnifier position fore/aft as it didn't fall within my eye relief with the mount flipped around. A slight head position change allowed it to work though (flip mount to magnifier isn't symmetrical so the fore/aft position changes in relation to the T slots when the mount is flipped around). This probably depends on your head/nose position for normal AR shooting, just something to keep in mind.

I have a vague remembrance that I might have also milled the front of the flip mount slightly to get it closer to the EOtech but I can't be sure on this particular build (I have milled a lot of sight bases so kind of do it enough & automatically enough to not stand out & stay in my mind).

The other problem was that flipping the mount around changed the base position & made rear flip-up iron sight mounting a small pain (had to mill the rear flip-up sight to allow it to work) -- Might just be my configuration though but something to think about if you plan on using a rear iron flip-up & maintaining eye relief for your shooting style.

As it sits now it is totally usable with the push button facing forward (I never even give the button position a thought anymore).But with the magnifier flipped to the right it clears my chest better when sling carrying across my chest so that is a plus.

I have had a few ejecting brass bounce off of the right flipped magnifier though. (just once in a while).

At the time I assembled that gun the magnifier/EOtech seemed like the way to go (heavy but worked good) but now that there are true "0" magnification lit recital 1x4, 1x6, 1x8 tactical scopes (personally) I like that setup much better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12