Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: 357 Maximum

I am a Forum User

357 Maximum

Looking to talk to someone who has built or had built a 357 maximum on a bolt action platform. With either the standard "Rimmed" case and or the Starline 223 "Basic" non rimmed case.

Here's a thread for another MI guy who built a 1.8" rimless one https://mdws.forumchitchat.com/post/...0292?&trail=25 I see if I can remember where else it's come up. Had several guys PM me over the years about the rimless version which is easy enough, but a standard rimmed Max would be nice.

I am a Forum User
    Yes it would moleman. I see savage is offering a 450 bushmaster now also, and it is built on there 110 action made to except ar mags. Thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    I just ran q reamer down a handi rifle

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter McNasty View Post
    I just ran q reamer down a handi rifle
    You'll love it. We've had four Maxi Handis, all cut to 16.5 inches, wearing Banner 3-9x40s. Mine is my "go to". If you play with it you can find a distance where .38s, Mags and Maxis are in the same ball park. At worst, you can get two to hit pretty close.

Enjoy,

Pete

I am a Forum User
    I have a 357 maximum petemi, so I truly know what the cartridge is capable of. I'm looking for a buddy of mine, I left him my gun last deer season and he got a first hand taste of the Max kool-aid when it comes to killing deer. Guess we will have to wait to see what a hand loader can do with winchesters 350 legend because I know first hand the speed I can push 170 to 180gr bullets and winchesters not impressing me with their 2325fps with their 150gr offering.

MGO Member Forum User
    Here's a link to an H&R forum discussion on the .350 Legend. Seems we Maxi's aren't impressed. We thought there'd be new .358 bullets, but they're .355

https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/108-h-...50-legend.html

Pete

I am a Forum User
    Williams has a couple of traditions single shot 357s and I have quite a bit of new 357max brass.