Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    I know of no studies; just personal experience. For me flat face in 1911 is preferred. Curved in Glocks is preferred. AR-15 I can go either way.

If it is a REAL firearm and there is room for it, BOTH is better.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    If it is a REAL firearm and there is room for it, BOTH is better.

We have enough trouble working one trigger pull per shot, two just over complicates things. Now a nice single stage, 2-8 oz ....

I like straight triggers more on a firearm with a "pistol angled" grip then a straighter rifle or shotgun grip. The angle of attack seems to matter more to me.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    This came about because I was doing some investigation of a particular handgun, and ended in this rabbit hole of a ton of people talking about how they upgrading the curved trigger on their Sig P365 with straight triggers. One person made a lengthy post about the how biometrically the flat trigger works better with how the body is designed, etc.

Now I've seen some of the flat triggers on the really high end Anschutz rifles, I believe those have a two stage trigger where the final stage is like 6 ounces. However, any benefits of a flat trigger in that situation really mean nothing on a sub-compact self defense handgun with non-target sights. With springs and levers being equal, my personal belief is that at the self defense handgun level, it's simply personal preference. However, I do think it would be fun to do the experiment with a small group of people, just for the empirical data. Maybe someone here with a firearm youtube channel is looking for an idea for a video that potentially could get a lot of engagement.

MGO Member
    I switched to a flat trigger on my EAA Witness 10mm. The stock curved trigger is absolutely uncomfortable and a pain to shoot.

MGO LIFE Member
    I have recently acquired a trigger from POF that is kind of maybe hybridized, between flat and curved? I present that as a question on purpose. Enhanced finger placement they call it they have a double curve and an almost flat, the idea is supposedly to encourage finger placement near best point of leverage. I also have on another rifle their traditional curved trigger. When I get an opportunity to compare the two actions I would be happy to let you know how my experience goes..

MGO Member
    With MY advancing arthritis I prefer & have flatties in all my pistols & even my SBR'd Scorpion. For me it makes all of them a more uniform fit and consistent feel.

YMMV

George

I am a Forum User
    matter of personal preference, IMO..
    try both & decide which you like,
    what feels better, & hopefully,
    which shoots better.. for you.

What anyone else likes or prefers doesn't matter to anyone except them.

I had a 1911 with a plastic, curved trigger.
    Took a file to it & made it a flat one!
    It does feel different, but can't say it made a difference in how it shoots for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123