Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Budget Shoulder Holster

I wanted to get a nice shoulder holster but when I started checking into them they are out of my price bracket right now so I went on Ebay and found one that is the Miami classic from Armadillo Leather for less than $70 I asked the dealer about warranty and was told they stand behind their products so I ordered it , It arrived fast and I was utterly shocked at the Holster as it not only arrived fast BUT it was a really nice holster with a double magazine carrier also , I started wearing it the next day and love it and I may or may not order a more expensive now down the road . If you are looking for a budget holster and or know anyone that is check them out on Ebay you really never know what you may find sometimes stumbling onto a jackpot .

I am a Forum User
    I'll be curious to hear how long you stick to using a shoulder holster. Most guys quit after a few tries.

I carried a 44 mag in a shoulder holster for almost 7 years as I worked and that included when at home so the kimber is lighter so I don't see a problem for me .

I find if you have one fitted and worn properly they are quite good it all depends on what and where you go .

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the post on the shoulder holster. What gun are you carrying, and how big a person are you?

I am carrying a Kimber 1911 4" and I am 5'9" and about 175 lbs I would say medium frame . I just came from home down to Detroit area and love the shoulder rig so much better if your doing quite a bit of sitting and it is better if you wear a jacket unlike a waistband setup

Due to shoulder issues, and a lack of range of motion, I've recently adopted a shoulder holster to carry a G19 and spare mag.
    Took a few days to get it adjusted, but after that I love the way it carries.

I know all the big name trainers now poo-poo shoulder rigs, and they are viewed as one of the signs of the coming apocalypse, and anyone utilizing one is a Don Johnson wannabe or a Fudd, but it is working out well for me.

I'm 5'7", round, 54" barrel chest , and found that I love the Galco shoulder rigs.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I have used a shoulder holster for work in plain clothes and for my off time and I DO NOT like Don Johnson so don't worry what others think it is what works best for you and is your choice .

Quote Originally Posted by michaelm_ski View Post
    I have used a shoulder holster for work in plain clothes and for my off time and I DO NOT like Don Johnson so don't worry what others think it is what works best for you and is your choice .
    The hair. You probably need to go retro with the hair. And push up the sleeves of a cheap, linen sport coat. THEN you'll look like Don Johnson.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I just don't think I could work it ROFL I am more like the bad boys or Starsky and Hutch LOL .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast