Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

stripped barrel band screw and threading on glennfield model 75 (marlin 60 clone)

Soo I have a model 60 clone, it has a barrel band and the slind attaches to this band. The threading is beat up on the screw a bit, and barrel band is in good shape, everything but the threads.

So, I think I can find a new screw if I call numrich, but the barrel band is reamed out.

How do I find out the size of original and go one bigger, or find thread pitch etc to tape the barrel band again ?

The entire barrel band is only $10 at Numrich. https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/440430A

Unlikely you can save the original by running a tap through it; if the threads are damaged you either need to drill and tap to the next larger size, or install a TimeSert.

Using a thread pitch gauge you can determine the original thread.

A bit hokey, but Loctite makes a thread repair epoxy. On a low load thread like the barrel band you can 'restore' the threads and make the part serviceable again. https://www.walmart.com/ip/LOCTITE-2...-Gray/40903198
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Good links rifle guy upon futher inspection I am convinced it is a proper slotted screw from a marin or similar, but not the right one. I bought this gun used, it appears to be too long and sorta stripped out, problem being it is to large for the factory hole, and too long. It will bottom out through the wood into the tube mabe if one cracked it all the way in.

You think numrich sells just the screw?

Ill lprobably order some AK or fal mags or sks sling etc to not get raped $7 bucks shipping to mail a screw to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Good links rifle guy upon futher inspection I am convinced it is a proper slotted screw from a marin or similar, but not the right one. I bought this gun used, it appears to be too long and sorta stripped out, problem being it is to large for the factory hole, and too long. It will bottom out through the wood into the tube mabe if one cracked it all the way in.

You think numrich sells just the screw?

Ill lprobably order some AK or fal mags or sks sling etc to not get raped $7 bucks shipping to mail a screw to me.
    We can shorten a screw. Stop over to Palais du RifleGuy. I have a box of assorted gunsmith screws too. Chances are we can make something work.

Possible Numrich will sell just a screw, if it is in stock. They have sent me screws in the past at no charge... just dropped 'em in an envelope and sent them. Give them a call. But, if worse comes to worst, give me a yell and we can fix/modify what you have on hand and make it cosmetically good.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    We can shorten a screw. Stop over to Palais du RifleGuy. I have a box of assorted gunsmith screws too. Chances are we can make something work.

Possible Numrich will sell just a screw, if it is in stock. They have sent me screws in the past at no charge... just dropped 'em in an envelope and sent them. Give them a call. But, if worse comes to worst, give me a yell and we can fix/modify what you have on hand and make it cosmetically good.
    ok ill calll numrich first then you. The length just told me its not the right screw for that position or that gun, its also the wrong diameter thats why it fits so poorly in the barrel band.

Kinda surprised it did not pull out sooner. I have not used this a lot in the woods as my other 22s but it held in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    ok ill calll numrich first then you. The length just told me its not the right screw for that position or that gun, its also the wrong diameter thats why it fits so poorly in the barrel band.

Kinda surprised it did not pull out sooner. I have not used this a lot in the woods as my other 22s but it held in a couple years.
    In Stock at Numrich, $3.95. Barrel band is $10
    https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...in/75-2?page=6