Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Kasich Vetoes Protections for Gun Owners

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    December 20th. 2018

Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) vetoed protections for gun owners on Wednesday and criticized Republican lawmakers for not giving him a firearm confiscation bill to sign. NBC4 and the AP reported that the bill Kasich vetoed would have put the onus on the state in situations where a Ohioan claimed self-defense in shooting incident.

Kasich said:

This bill would reverse the burden of proof in criminal cases in which the defendant alleges he or she acted in self-defense. The bill would require the prosecution to disprove, beyond a reasonable doubt, the defendant’s self-defense allegation. This has never been the law in Ohio; the defendant has always had the burden of proving self-defense.

He also pointed to his past support of pro-Second Amendment bills as a way to offset his veto of protections for gun owners who may have to shoot in self-defense.

Kasich listed a number of high profile public attacks and used them to express his disappointment in not receiving a gun confiscation bill to sign. One of the shootings he listed was the November 7, Borderline Bar & Grill attack which occurred in California, a state with firearm confiscation laws. The laws did not nothing to prevent the attack. He also noted the February 14, school shooting in Florida. He did not mention that Florida thereafter passed gun confiscation laws, but those laws were impotent to stop the August 26, Jacksonville Landing attack.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    December 20th. 2018

He shows his true colors.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

Snyder's guy....

MGO Member
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Thought you were innocent until proven guilty.

I am a Forum User
    He's a piece of ****

He could have been the POTUS !
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Member
    he wants to run 2020

MGO Board of Directors

There were a few people I know that were supporting him when he was running in the primaries for POTUS. I had to remind them he was for the AWB in the past, and he was not the 2a supporter they thought he was. Showing his true colors indeed.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 04JRB View Post
    There were a few people I know that were supporting him when he was running in the primaries for POTUS. I had to remind them he was for the AWB in the past, and he was not the 2a supporter they thought he was. Showing his true colors indeed.
    Unfortunately, far too many 2A supporters subscribe to the fallacy that an R by somebody's name implies that they are pro 2A. That's why we're in this mess in the first place.

He is ready for the padded bat cave ! What a nut job !!!! Well after people voted for Cortez he may stand a chance at POTUS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast