Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Top Hi Power gunsmiths I'm aware of are Ted Yost out of Phoenix
    http://www.estatesporting.com/browning-hipower.html
    and Nighthawk Custom in Arkansas
    https://www.nighthawkcustom.com/browning-hi-power
    Just know they are expensive, but what you get in return is a museum quality handgun that will be fashionable as well as highly functional.
    Bill Laughridge in Nebraska has been famous for his Hi Power work for the majority of my life....

https://cylinder-slide.com/Aboutus
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

MGO Member
    Not sure if they are still doing hipowers, but I have beautiful custom ones done by novak, and Jim garthwaite. As others said, you can remove the mag disconnect pretty easily -if that's what you want. Just be sure that's what you want for this firearm: how it'll be used, by who etc. You have 1 of the all time classic pistols, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoser View Post
    <snip> Also have the mag safety removed - really helps the trigger pull.
    Just spent 5 minutes removing my magazine disconnect.

Trigger pull before (5 pull average) was 8.75 pounds.
    Trigger pull after (5 pull average was 5.25 pounds.

The after pull is much smoother, and the magazines now drop free rather than having to claw them out of the mag well.

I should have did this years ago!
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    I'm going to do the mag. disc. my self, I'm not looking to turn it into a race gun-just want a better hammer(no bite) and a wider safet, and now I HAVE to do sights. Just bought a ALS holster and the current target sights won't let it "lock" in place.

For Hi-power owners------just a fyi -----Safariland now offers a als holster for the Hi-power.

Hey Rifle what kinda sights do you have, can we see if yours will fit in the als holster I just bought, don't want to waste money on new sight if they won't still let it lock in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
    I'm going to do the mag. disc. my self, I'm not looking to turn it into a race gun-just want a better hammer(no bite) and a wider safet, and now I HAVE to do sights. Just bought a ALS holster and the current target sights won't let it "lock" in place.

For Hi-power owners------just a fyi -----Safariland now offers a als holster for the Hi-power.

Hey Rifle what kinda sights do you have, can we see if yours will fit in the als holster I just bought, don't want to waste money on new sight if they won't still let it lock in.
    You are certainly welcome to stop by the Palais du Rifleguy Worshop and Memorial Brothel to check holster fit, tinker on shtuff, or just stare over the back fence in amazement at the dwelling of Tuco Salamanca and marvel at the freak show.

And these are my sights... I believe they are original to the pistol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    You are certainly welcome to stop by the Palais du Rifleguy Worshop and Memorial Brothel to check holster fit, tinker on shtuff, or just stare over the back fence in amazement at the dwelling of Tuco Salamanca and marvel at the freak show.

And these are my sights... I believe they are original to the pistol.
    Those are the same sights on mine.

I am a Forum User
    My WW II Model 1935's made for the Germans have no magazine safety. Triggers were never cross drilled or back drilled. They dropped it, perhaps as a cost saving measure. This tidbit should provide a legal defense to anyone challenged for removing the magazine safety from a High Power. FN did not find it absolutely necessary.

Banned
    Mr. Rifle Guy, Those are the original sights on your BHP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12