Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Member

Any place to shoot 1 mile in Michigan?

Are there any places to shoot Long Range here in Michigan to stretch out the AIAX-50? I would like to find a place to shoot 1 mile, but I guess I would be happy with 1000 yards. I found a place in Ohio called Thunder Valley Precision that actually has a 1 and 2 mile range available, but it is a 5 hour drive one way to get there. Well 4 hours with me behind the wheel.

I found MTC in Lake City Michigan which is a 2.5 hour drive one way. It is a 1000 yard range but I am not sure if they allow the use of a 50 BMG there?

But 1760 is what I really want to shoot. 1000 yards really isn't a challenge anymore.
    Last edited by SIG229R; 12-30-2018 at 03:31 PM.

http://www.marksmanshiptrainingcenter.com

These guys have a 1k range, but not sure of the cost.

I am a Forum User
    I'm an MTC member, and run the Michigan Precision Rifle Steel Challenge, a PRS Regional Match Series club.

You must be a member to shoot at MTC, or attending one of their classes. OR, you must be the guest of a member, who will need to pay the guest fee.

Otherwise, they allow .50BMG, on SOME of their steel targets. I believe 3-4 targets.

No suggestions on a mile.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SIG229R View Post
    Are there any places to shoot Long Range here in Michigan to stretch out the AIAX-50? I would like to find a place to shoot 1 mile, but I guess I would be happy with 1000 yards. I found a place in Ohio called Thunder Valley Precision that actually has a 1 and 2 mile range available, but it is a 5 hour drive one way to get there. Well 4 hours with me behind the wheel.

I found MTC in Lake City Michigan which is a 2.5 hour drive one way. It is a 1000 yard range but I am not sure if they allow the use of a 50 BMG there?

But 1760 is what I really want to shoot. 1000 yards really isn't a challenge anymore.
    Use smaller targets...in windy conditions.

Nice problem to have.

I am a Forum User
    Thunder Valley Precision not worth the drive. We went out to shoot the mile but the target is hard to see in the grass and there is no dirt around them to call your misses. You also loose the vapor trail in the background. They have a beautiful set up for competitions at 1000yds. BTW 50BMG is not a great long range cartridge compared to other ballistically superior cartridges. I sold one of my 50BMG rifles after Thunder Valley.

MGO Member
    My AX50 Hammers at 1000 yards. Under 1/2 MOA accuracy. I see no reason why it shouldn't Hammer at 1760. I will make the trip to Thunder Valley in the Spring time.

Were you shooting a Barrett 50BMG when you went there?

Last edited by SIG229R; 01-01-2019 at 12:59 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Try 1000yds with a tight sling and aperture sights. That'll bring the challenge back into it.

I am a Forum User
    No Dan I was shooting my Steyr HS50 M1. I still have my Barrett M107A1. Don’t waste your time going to Ohio.
    That’s a good looking 50BMG but my guess is you will be selling it in the near future for a more practical long range weapon-375 Chey Tac, 338 Snipetac, 416 Barrett etc....but you will the space to stretch those out and that usually means trips out west.
    Dan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast