Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I can't post links yet! Forum User

What's the best Detroit area "try before you buy" gunshop? One price for any number of rentals on the range?

I just completed the required CPL training course. I'm going to apply for the license next week. A lot of people are already recommending handguns for concealed carry. But to pick one for purchase I figure I have to try a lot of models and that can get expensive. Well, a friend of mine said she had heard of a range in the metro area, forgot which, that had a very generous "try before you buy" policy: handle and fire any number of their demo pistols for one low price, in an hour of range time. Anybody on this forum know who was making such an offer?

I am a Forum User
    Firearm Exchange has several rental models that sounds like what you’re describing.

Top Gun in Taylor has unlimited free rentals on Mondays for seniors and Tuesday for ladies. If you have someone to go with you that meets those requirements just let them get the free rentals as they require 2 per lane to rent. Never used the range but worth trying out. https://www.tgssinc.com/prices-and-r...iors-and-kids/

I am a Forum User
    Accurate Firearms on Dixie in Ind. Twp. let's you switch out pistols on one rental charge. Did a comparison on several strikers and swapped between the Glock 17, FNS, XDM, RAP and M&P. Their range is a bit small, but I kinda like that...less yahoos to watch at any given time.

ETA: that's one helluva user name.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by edknn View Post
    Top Gun in Taylor has unlimited free rentals on Mondays for seniors and Tuesday for ladies. If you have someone to go with you that meets those requirements just let them get the free rentals as they require 2 per lane to rent. Never used the range but worth trying out. https://www.tgssinc.com/prices-and-r...iors-and-kids/
    I tuck a lady freind in on ladies day. She held about 12 of there 9mm rentals till She found the 4 She liked best. She would take one pistol out and shot it then return it for the next
    pistol. They have about 30 pistol they rent out. Good Luck.

MGO Member
    CQT in Shelby Twp has a try and buy. One price, try two guns at a time, keep returning one or both to try others. They have a large selection of handguns to try too.

Quote Originally Posted by edknn View Post
    You have the days reversed.

CQT is good. William's Gun Sight is better. Great range officers too. Extremely helpful.

I am a Forum User
    action impact on 8 and gratiot has the same policy i believe. try anything for one price

Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    You have the days reversed.
    You are right. At least the web link stated the correct days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast