Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Zastava M57 Tokarev Springs

So my M57 was my first pistol and thus I've put over 3k rounds through it and at the range last month I noticed it was stove piping a bit and when I looked at spent casings I noticed smears on the primers. That reminded me of MAC's SIG P365 review and how those were snapping firing pins. Now that was with Red Army Surplus and a mag I've pretty much always used as my range magazine. During the Christmas Shoot soon after with a different mag and PPU hollow points I had no stove pipes or smearing on primers but I still wonder about the main spring as well as the other magazine's spring.

Wolff has new TT33 springs for both and I'm wondering if the M57 uses the same main spring and more so if the +5% strength mag springs work in the M57's magazines that hold 9 rounds instead of 8? I tried emailing Wolff a few days ago but have not gotten a response. Anyone have experience replacing their M57 or M70 springs?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    Anyone have experience replacing their M57 or M70 springs?
    I did replace the springs on a M57. I used the standard Wolf kit, but I don't shoot the gun near as much as you do! I replaced them just because it's a surplus gun and I have no idea how much it was shot in the decades before I got it.
    My only comment is that replacing the recoil spring is a PITA. You will have to drive out a tiny pin on the guide rod holding the spring retainer. It's very small and very short and took a bit to line up and get back together after putting in the new spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliper View Post
    I did replace the springs on a M57. I used the standard Wolf kit, but I don't shoot the gun near as much as you do! I replaced them just because it's a surplus gun and I have no idea how much it was shot in the decades before I got it.
    My only comment is that replacing the recoil spring is a PITA. You will have to drive out a tiny pin on the guide rod holding the spring retainer. It's very small and very short and took a bit to line up and get back together after putting in the new spring.
    Worst case scenario I just hand it off to Dean at Top Gun, lord knows he already gets plenty of my "easy money" for stuff I don't feel I could do without breaking something...

I'm just glad to know it'll work.