Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Best case for airline travel..

Any recommendations for firearm cases for travel on airlines

I am a Forum User
    I've only used Storm, Pelican, and custom built ATA style cases. None of which have given me issues. Pelican and Storm seem to be the most popular, and perhaps for good reason.

I'm also a fan of traveling with security seals for all my bags.

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Evide...go+seals&psc=1
    Last edited by Quads; 01-08-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Plastica Panaro.

My Pelican cases always have the latches pop and that makes the guns loose and moisture in to the case.
    They get tossed around a lot, and Pelicans don't hold up for people that fly with guns a lot.

If I have to use the Pelicans, I have TSA use their tape to tape down the latches after they swab the case. Pelican will replace the latches, but they wear out too fast.

R+ldEaszQUeahhvAon5fNA.jpg
    bOYPba+fSKC271sjtg2qUw.jpg

I am a Forum User
    I'm a huge fan of Nanuk cases. Nanuk cases have my favorite latches in the business. The latches are very positive (you push a big button on the latch before they'll open) and the clasps can be snapped open so they don't get in the way when you close the case again, which is awesome. The hinges have a stop just past 90-degrees so the case doesn't flop all the way open, which I like. I think that the quality of the rest of the case is at least as good as the Pelicans. I also really like the rounded corners. It makes it easier to shove into the truck past a bunch of other junk. I pull the foam out of mine and use it as a carry-on when I fly:

https://www.nanuk.com/nanuk-firearms...p?lang=lang-en

I also have a couple of SKB cases, including a big 4719-8. I bought one of them because I got a great deal on it and I bought the 4719 because it was the only case I could find that would fit two scoped rifles the way I wanted them. They're really nice. Overall I like it better than Pelican but less than Nanuk.

MGO Member
    It depends on whether you are carrying handguns or rifles. Rifles you need a good sturdy case. Handguns can be carried inside your regular luggage in which case just about anything will do. Since I don't typically travel with more than two handguns I personally use a cheap plastic case cable locked to the inside of my suitcase. A thief is going to steal a locked gun case anyway or the luggage itself no matter what you do.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.