Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Doctor Fights ATF,FBI Over Legal Pot Use

Doctor takes on FBI, ATF after being denied second amendment rights over his legal medical cannabis use

By Lance D. Johnson
    Newstarget
    January 5th. 2019

A Pennsylvania doctor with no criminal record was denied his right to own a firearm only because he possesses a legal medical cannabis card. Unable to properly defend himself, the 33-year-old doctor has filed a lawsuit against the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). The case will impact millions of medical marijuana users and gun owners across the United States.

I hope he has a REAL good lawyer (and deep pockets) so this won't set precedent the wrong way. If it gets that far.
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    The phrase, "Pick Your Battles" comes to mind in relation to this story.

MGO Member
    musta checked yes to a certian question

I am a Forum User
    Attaboy Doc! Win that case!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr44 View Post
    musta checked yes to a certian question
    ....the gun shop clerk asked Roman to answer a few questions to comply with the ATF’s 4473 form. On line 11e of the form, the buyer is asked whether he or she possesses a medical cannabis card.
    <-- snip -->
    After confirming he has no criminal history or history of violence, Dr. Roman answered truthfully about his medical prescription for cannabis, which is legal in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The gun store clerk told Dr. Roman that he couldn’t purchase the firearm because of his legal marijuana use.
    <-- snip -->
    Dr. Roman sued the FBI and ATF. He claims that the government agencies are denying individuals the right to lawfully purchase firearms without providing any due process. Dr. Roman argues that “this strict, rigid, blanket prohibition violates the fundamental constitutional rights of tens of thousands of non-violent, law-abiding citizens, and thus violates the Second and Fifth Amendments of the Constitution.”
    "So let it be written; so let it be done."

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Hmmm. should be interesting to follow this one.

My thoughts, on one hand, cannabis use is Federally illegal... on the other hand, like was said, no due process for removing a second amendment right. Even though alcohol is legal, it's use does not restrict your right to own a firearm, and people do a lot stupider stuff drunk with guns than they do high with guns (as has been reported or recorded, if at all).

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    This is a good battle to pick

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    What's worse than the Court ruling the law is legal? Stuff like this has to be challenged.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    What's worse than the Court ruling the law is legal? Stuff like this has to be challenged.
    +1.