Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

selling SxS shotgun receiver - old Stevens...

What covers a C&R ? I have a older Central Arms SxS shotgun I am parting out.

when it comes to the reciever, is it possible to sell that without hassle or paperwork online?

MFG. 1905-1915 era.

Thanks for any insight!

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I can't answer your question.... but ...
    Why?
    are you planning to ship the receiver out of state? nobody local wants it? It's a long gun, so I'm confused about what the concern is...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I can't answer your question.... but ...
    Why?
    are you planning to ship the receiver out of state? nobody local wants it? It's a long gun, so I'm confused about what the concern is...
    parting it out, and most parts are headed to Flea-bay.

I was wondering if this stripped receiver was like any other "lower" receiver, and subject to same restrictions.

heard some folks say its "too old and not covered".. other refute that.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pkuptruck View Post
    parting it out, and most parts are headed to Flea-bay.

I was wondering if this stripped receiver was like any other "lower" receiver, and subject to same restrictions.

heard some folks say its "too old and not covered".. other refute that.
    Any firearm going out of state including whatever part of the firearm that's the receiver would need to go through an FFL unless it's a black powder gun. In the case of your gun, it could possibly go through a C&R FFL. It could not be shipped directly to the buyer.

I'm not a lawyer, FYI but this is my understanding of the law.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Any firearm going out of state including whatever part of the firearm that's the receiver would need to go through an FFL unless it's a black powder gun. In the case of your gun, it could possibly go through a C&R FFL. It could not be shipped directly to the buyer.

I'm not a lawyer, FYI but this is my understanding of the law.
    thanks. pretty much my understanding too. but I had someone pretty trustworthy make me doubt it.

figured I'd ask.. lol.