Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Gun laws are ALL "faulty" as of 1791.

Yeah, yeah, I know...I'll just keep quiet.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    Yes you do tout or dismiss read post #3 you say mi definition of a pistol is faulty and then turn around and point to mi def for sbr as relevant when it’s just as “faulty” as the pistol def
    The Michigan definition IS faulty. It is wholly inadequate. It only specs a length OR a vague wording about construction or appearance (regardless of length). But I don't dismiss it, it is were we get the 26" number. The length is not mentioned in the Federal law, hence they need to be read together.

I also didn't mention the SBR definition at all. I gave the criminal statute for possession and the exceptions. As an exemption there is a requirement to record the transfer, as the carbine that it is. That is only Michigan law.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    The Michigan definition IS faulty. It is wholly inadequate. It only specs a length OR a vague wording about construction or appearance (regardless of length). But I don't dismiss it, it is were we get the 26" number. The length is not mentioned in the Federal law, hence they need to be read together.

I also didn't mention the SBR definition at all. I gave the criminal statute for possession and the exceptions. As an exemption there is a requirement to record the transfer, as the carbine that it is. That is only Michigan law.
    You didn’t specifically mention it but it’s obvious you were referencing it because without it you can’t possession statute or the exceptions

Faulty or not under 26” is a pistol in mi because we aren’t operating under roundballer law or wsr law we are operating under mi law and mi law says it’s a pistol...it also says it’s a sbr but in effect that’s irrelevant...it has to registered as a pistol not a sbr
    Like I’ve said before the mi sbr stuff is complication for the sake of complication not clarity

Quote Originally Posted by red442joe View Post
    Gun laws are ALL "faulty" as of 1791.

Yeah, yeah, I know...I'll just keep quiet.

Joe
    Why? You are %100 correct, even the 2nd has a flaw.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

So......I actually have one of these, and purchased it new from an FFL with an RI-60. (I love it BTW)

If MI wants me to purchase it and register it as a pistol, can I use it in accordance with my CPL privileges? Specifically in reference to transport in a vehicle.

Not that I want to necessarily have the thing condition one in between the seats, but I’m curious.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    So......I actually have one of these, and purchased it new from an FFL with an RI-60. (I love it BTW)

If MI wants me to purchase it and register it as a pistol, can I use it in accordance with my CPL privileges? Specifically in reference to transport in a vehicle.

Not that I want to necessarily have the thing condition one in between the seats, but I’m curious.
    Yep...since Michigan considers it a PISTOL...faulty definition and all ...then you can carry it just like any other PISTOL...even with MI faulty definition
    Most people call them “MI pistols” for this reason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12