Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Vortex SPARC II vs Aimpoint PRO

Which optic should I get I can get the SPARC II for 173 dollars shipped. I like the idea of the long battery life of the Aimpoint. Just not sure I want to spend 400 dollars. Am I going to be disappointed I did not spring for the Aimpoint?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Ulystha View Post
    Which optic should I get I can get the SPARC II for 173 dollars shipped. I like the idea of the long battery life of the Aimpoint. Just not sure I want to spend 400 dollars. Am I going to be disappointed I did not spring for the Aimpoint?
    I've got a good few rifles... a few have scopes, a few more have a bushnell TRS25. The two I take to the range most have a vortex Sparc AR. The one I hardly ever take out but always wears a silencer and stays ready for defense reasons has a PRO.
    I think I set that one up 2 years ago and 100% of the time it has been turned on just bright enough to work well inside my house. the dot is still doing fine I'll but probably replace the battery one of these months anyway.

I guess you need to figure out what your purpose is and buy accordingly. If you are only going to shoot a few rounds every few months, even the vortex is overkill and you can step down and buy something that will work fine for half the price. If you think you might actually need to depend on something, you have to figure out what features you're comfortable trading off in the name of affordability.

Edit... For the record my very recent search history shows "strikefire 2 vs pro". so don't start thinking you're the only person debating this sort of thing.
    Last edited by DrScaryGuy; 01-11-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    I have the sparc II and I like it. It's tough and has a lifetime warranty also. I've seen it recently for 140+tax shipped. See the torture test on recoilweb.com
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    Are you planning on using it in competition shooting or depending on it for your life? If the question is no, nothing wrong with the Vortex. If you want something to take abuse, get kicked around, and still work, go for the Aimpoint. I have a mix of higher end optics from Trijicon or EoTech, and budget options depending on the gun and it's intended usage.

I am a Forum User
    What is the main purpose of the rifle it is going on? Range plinking, vortex will be fine. If this is your home defense rifle, get the Aimpoint and don’t look back.