Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelm_ski View Post
    I still don't understand it so it hasn't made it past being prepared electronically only ?????
    If you wish, I could try to put the entire process together in a "cliffnotes" version.

Basically, at this point, it has only passed about three steps that this will have to go through.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I still don't understand it so it hasn't made it past being prepared electronically only ?????
    It is quite possible that this bill has moved as far as it will go. I can't imagine something like this passing under Snyder so it is easy to accept that it probably won't be signed by Whitmer, either. These things move at glacial speed, even when our "friends" are in power.

I appreciate it as I was reading it and it was talking about a sorority and other garbage and I could keep track on anything as it jumped past the bill and I didn't understand , Thanks for the help .

I appreciate it as I was reading it and it was talking about a sorority and other garbage and I could keep track on anything as it jumped past the bill and I didn't understand , Thanks for the help .
    I guess I don't have to compose something myself. It looks like the SoS has a synopsis of the process on their site. How does a Bill become a Law?
    One of the things that they don't make very clear in that is how things "get stuck". For each step in the process, the ones in possession of the bill has to "take it up". If the leader of that "committee" never takes the move, the bill dies right there.

If you wish to track the progress of a specific bill (without doing a lot of research) you need the bill number. You don't need the HR or SB part, just the number.
    Go to the Michigan Legislature Home Page: https://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(4c...aspx?page=Home and just drop the number in the correct box and hit enter. For this bill it would be 4021.

If you look to the left side of their pages, you will see a list of different things you can view, Journals, Calendars, Acts, current statutes, etc.

I have the "Basic MCL Search" book marked. I also allow the site (it is actually saved on my machine) a search string that brings up MOST firearm laws in one search: 3.111,3.112,28.420-28.440,28.511-28.527,750.222-750.240,123.1100-123.1110,691.1540-691.1545,600.2922b,600.2922c,780.951-780.974,752.860-752.869

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Excellent information, RB!

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    I guess I don't have to compose something myself. It looks like the SoS has a synopsis of the process on their site. How does a Bill become a Law?
    Good find!

Sticked at the top of this forum!

-Admin
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123