Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    How? We couldn't override the Terd'e veto, how could we override the new governor? There are even less progunners in the legislature, now. We'll just have to wait and see how reasonable our new governor is.
    Because the nerd had an R in front of his name. It's not that we didn't have the votes, I feel it's more they weren't wanting to go against their own party.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    Cheer up - by that time, it will be $100 more than the current rate to help fund DAMN roads and schools.
    FIFY
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    My guess is zero as it lowers cost of something so less money to the state, but we have the votes (in theory) to over ride a veto.
    It would take a 3/4 of the legislators in each of the House and Senate to override the Governors veto. I think they have a timeline of 60 days to do it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    It would take a 3/4 of the legislators in each of the House and Senate to override the Governors veto. I think they have a timeline of 60 days to do it.
    2/3, not 3/4.

https://ballotpedia.org/Template:Michigan_veto_override

State legislatures can override governors' vetoes. Depending on the state, this can be done during the regular legislative session, in a special session following the adjournment of the regular session, or during the next legislative session. The rules for legislative overrides of gubernatorial vetoes in Michigan are listed below.

How many legislators are required to vote for an override? Two-thirds of members in both chambers.

Two-thirds of members in both chambers must vote to override a veto, which is 74 of the 110 members in the Michigan House of Representatives and 26 of the 38 members in the Michigan State Senate. Michigan is one of 36 states that requires a two-thirds vote from both of its legislative chambers to override a veto.
    Authority: Article IV, Section 33 of the Michigan Constitution.

"Every bill passed by the legislature shall be presented to the governor before it becomes law, and the governor shall have 14 days measured in hours and minutes from the time of presentation in which to consider it. If he approves, he shall within that time sign and file it with the secretary of state and it shall become law. If he does not approve, and the legislature has within that time finally adjourned the session at which the bill was passed, it shall not become law. If he disapproves, and the legislature continues the session at which the bill was passed, he shall return it within such 14-day period with his objections, to the house in which it originated. That house shall enter such objections in full in its journal and reconsider the bill. If two-thirds of the members elected to and serving in that house pass the bill notwithstanding the objections of the governor, it shall be sent with the objections to the other house for reconsideration. The bill shall become law if passed by two-thirds of the members elected to and serving in that house."

I am a Forum User
    You're correct I was thinking of something else.

We put it at $40 because the MSP and clerks still make a big profit, even at $40.

Let them fight it. I initially wanted to drop renewals to $10, then the MSP would be just about at a break even point.

Did anyone ever find out HOW MUCH the MSP get from CPL licenses and what they DO WITH THE MONEY ?????

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelm_ski View Post
    Did anyone ever find out HOW MUCH the MSP get from CPL licenses and what they DO WITH THE MONEY ?????
    The FOIA suit regarding expenditures still being litigated (in fact, we just recently had oral arguments at the Court of Appeals), but here's a little bit we got from discovery last year: https://mailchi.mp/miopencarry/docum...n-state-police

Quote Originally Posted by jgillmanjr View Post
    The FOIA suit regarding expenditures still being litigated (in fact, we just recently had oral arguments at the Court of Appeals), but here's a little bit we got from discovery last year: https://mailchi.mp/miopencarry/docum...n-state-police
    The fact that the MSP forced litigation to get the requested information (FOIA), is very telling. Why wouldn't they be completely forthcoming with how the money is spent?
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

This information should be in ALL NEWS MEDIA and NOT just in Michigan because it sure looks like there is either Fraud and or Criminal activity somewhere along the line ! Maybe the IRS could look into it as they could be CHEATING on taxes ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast