Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

AR double fire and reset issues

Had a few double fires with a recently purchased AR. Also the trigger is not resetting. Tried 2 different bolt carrier groups and 6 different mags and still the same issue. Any help is appreciated.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean96 View Post
    Had a few double fires with a recently purchased AR. Also the trigger is not resetting. Tried 2 different bolt carrier groups and 6 different mags and still the same issue. Any help is appreciated.
    Had the same on a Stag I had. Replaced the fire control group and problem solved. Its been a while since I did this but from what I remember, the lip on the hammer wasn't to spec causing the hammer to drop unexpectedly.

I am a Forum User
    Make sure the hammer spring is installed correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelk View Post
    Make sure the hammer spring is installed correctly.
    +1, I've had one in backwards and it did that.

Also check the disconnector spring, the bottom side that goes into the trigger is slightly bigger. You can also get a better look at the disconnector contact by using longer pins and putting the hammer/trigger on the outside. If the disconnector isn't making good contact you can slightly trim the trim tab to let it tilt forward more to make more contact with the hammer IF THAT IS THE ISSUE. Remove too much and the disconnector will not release the hammer.

Can you post a picture of the fire control group on your lower and what it's doing?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some wonderful responses and willingness to help!

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    Also check the disconnector spring, the bottom side that goes into the trigger is slightly bigger. You can also get a better look at the disconnector contact by using longer pins and putting the hammer/trigger on the outside. If the disconnector isn't making good contact you can slightly trim the trim tab to let it tilt forward more to make more contact with the hammer IF THAT IS THE ISSUE. Remove too much and the disconnector will not release the hammer.

Can you post a picture of the fire control group on your lower and what it's doing?
    I will post pictures later on today

MGO Member
    Figured out that the hammer is not catching when the BCG slams it back. Gonna order a new trigger group and see it that works.

you just purchased the ar, and changing the trigger? was this used, I hope?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean96 View Post
    Figured out that the hammer is not catching when the BCG slams it back. Gonna order a new trigger group and see it that works.
    Stag by any chance? Thats exactly what was wrong with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast